Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Food/recipes websites, can anyone recommend any?

(20 Posts)
AutumnHues Sun 02-Oct-11 12:02:28

As the title says really. I am looking for easy recipes for a not very good cook (me) please

lolalotta Sun 02-Oct-11 12:18:59

www.bbcgoodfood.com/content/recipes/ is my favoutrite, loads of choice for a range of abilities!

AutumnHues Sun 02-Oct-11 14:11:35

Thanks lolalotta will have a look in a minute.
TIA incase of anymore replies.

PigeonPie Sun 02-Oct-11 14:19:15

I was going to recommend BBC Good Food too!

CharlotteBronteSaurus Sun 02-Oct-11 14:21:14

love bbc good food
deliaonline is good too - her recipes are as foolproof as you can get

ExpectoPatronum Sun 02-Oct-11 15:57:37

I like www.smittenkitchen.comsmitten kitchen. I don't necessarily cook that many of the recipes (although the baking is great, and anything I have made has turned out well), but I love the photography and how she writes.

ExpectoPatronum Sun 02-Oct-11 15:58:03

clearly I can't do links. Google smitten kitchen and you'll get there in the end blush

AlmaMartyr Sun 02-Oct-11 16:00:00

I love BBCGoodFood too, use it all the time.

laptopdancer Sun 02-Oct-11 16:16:36

There is another caled good to know...I like that one and occasionally use recipes from it for my own website

midnightexpress Sun 02-Oct-11 16:20:47

Can highly recommend big fat noodle's blog.

Sianilaa Sun 02-Oct-11 19:59:34

I'm just a home cook and I blog what I cook for dinner every night with recipes and photos. None are hard recipes.

www.thedomesticgoddesschallenge.wordpress.com

Otherwise you can't beat Good Food!

TheArmadillo Sun 02-Oct-11 20:09:02

Good food is the one I tend to use as well - but always read the comments (just the first page will do) as they are good at giving a good apprasial of the recipe, hints/tips and variations and they are good at picking up any issues/problems.

I do find it a bit basic though, good for family weekday meals, (and some of their recipes dhansak ) are nowhere near authentic (I'm not obsessive but if I am looking for a dhansak I would like a dhansak (sweet and sour lentil based curry) rather than a bog standard british style basic curry with a tomato base and a couple of spices chucked in) and am looking for a more challenging one though if anyone has any good ones?

Myhouse2011 Sun 02-Oct-11 22:58:13

I really like this site which is the blog of (IIRC) a DH of a MNer.

AlmaMartyr Sun 02-Oct-11 23:31:32

TheArmadillo - I've been using Rak's Kitchen for curries etc. Not sure whether it counts as challenging but seems authentic and everything has been yummy (a delicious korma).

AutumnHues Mon 03-Oct-11 09:55:25

Thanks everyone I have made a note of those.smile

TheArmadillo Mon 03-Oct-11 12:35:57

Thanks I'll have a look at that one.

MmeLindor. Mon 03-Oct-11 12:39:02

Oh, I like TheLickerBowler

My favourite food blogger is Foot, football and a baby - she has lots of delicious Indian meals.

I have a few easy recipes on my blog (link on profile)

studentdesignresearch Wed 05-Oct-11 13:53:56

i really recommend http://www.epicurious.com/ its really good if you are looking for inspiration.

bacon Wed 05-Oct-11 22:59:13

I'd say for more fail safe and tried and tested - BBC good food - the comments are great. I also trust BBC food, Channel 4 and UKTV for market kitchen etc.

Delia also safe.

missmartha Thu 06-Oct-11 08:27:44

I agree with Smitten Kitchen. Also check out Orangette.

For great photos as well as recipes try Cannelle et Vanille.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now