Talk

Advanced search

Food for sickly kids

(6 Posts)
couldtryharder Fri 30-Sep-11 10:52:18

I've got my 4 year old at home with me today as he has shingles (poor baby). He's not kept down much at all over the past 24hrs, inc calpol, but is now saying that he's hungry. A good sign I should think, but wondering what I could make him that would be suitable. I have a big pan of hm leek and potato soup but not sure if this would be ok for him. Am sure my mum used to cook us plain rice and potatoes - would that be gentle on his tummy?

LeMousquetaireAnonyme Fri 30-Sep-11 10:57:53

I usually let mine choose what they want if they want something.
Usually plain bread, biscuits, pasta or rice, mash, plain yogurt, mashed banana and sugar (very little to start the disgestion) fruits compotes...
But anything else they ask for is fine.

Offer the soup and see.

When DD1 had CP she was allowed quite a lot of ice creams (lots of blister in the throat, recommended by the doc. here too wink)

Hope he gets better soon.

tb Fri 30-Sep-11 16:02:53

Dd always used to ask for custard - made with egg yolks, milk and sugar. It was her favourite treat, and also, her favourite punishment for the 'monsters' to tell their mummies not to give them any custard if they didn't leave her alone.

starfishmummy Fri 30-Sep-11 16:07:44

I would say pretty much what he wants but ice creams, jelly, yoghurts, custard type things slip down easily.

Driftwood999 Fri 30-Sep-11 18:51:22

Poor little mite to have had chickenpox and now shingles. Little soft sandwiches. Mashed potatoes with gravy. Nothing dairy if it's a tummy bug along with the sihingles. Plenty of fluids that he likes. Another time, chicken soup, it's medicine.

piebald Fri 30-Sep-11 22:23:50

Egg in a cup--Thickly butter a slice of bread and soft boil an egg, cube bread and put in a cup then peel egg and stir it through the egg, very comforting as he can hold the cup in one hand and eat it with a spoon

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now