Talk

Advanced search

My hob isn't working..how can i.......

(10 Posts)
idobelieveinfairies Tue 27-Sep-11 13:41:53

cook pasta?? I was thinking of buying fresh pasta and letting it sit in boiling water from the kettle?? Would that do anything?

Also potatoes and veg i could just slow cooker them rather than boiling then can't i? How long do you think it would take to get them cooked in a slow cooker, it has a low,med and high temp setting. Has/does anyone ever do this??

Thanks smile

CogitoErgoSometimes Tue 27-Sep-11 15:41:45

Even if the hob's not working, is the oven OK? Most things (not pasta) will bake fine in a casserole dish. Put things that take longest in first and things with a shorter cooking time last.

CogitoErgoSometimes Tue 27-Sep-11 15:52:33

On the pasta thing.... the thinner chinese egg noodles you can get are OK after sittingin boiling water for a few minutes. Cous-cous isn't bad either. Do you have a microwave?

Bluebell99 Tue 27-Sep-11 15:55:45

my friend cooks pasta in a microwave. Actually she cooks everything in a microwave. She was just telling me today she made a apple and victoria sponge in the microwave. Not much use though if you dont have a microwave.

idobelieveinfairies Wed 28-Sep-11 13:55:36

yes! i do have a microwave..i had forgotten about that, and it says it does all sorts :/ don;t know how it works though.....how do you do pasta in the microwave then...its mostly wat my boys eat!

CogitoErgoSometimes Thu 29-Sep-11 08:02:26

You can't do pasta in a microwave unless you're reheating it after it's been cooked already. You can cook rice, potatoes, cous-cous, quinoa.... Pasta needs to boil in plenty of water.

idobelieveinfairies Fri 30-Sep-11 12:56:15

ok, so pasta is going to be a problem then :/

SO tuna pasta bake, iusually i just make the pasta and sauce add the tuna, melted cheese on top and serve it up. CAn i put it all in a oven dish and cook it then? I have fresh pasta.

DamselInDisarray Fri 30-Sep-11 13:00:13

You can whack it all in the oven and it'll cook. make sure the sauce is not dry and that it completely covers the pasta, or all you'll end up with is burnt pasta.

DamselInDisarray Fri 30-Sep-11 13:01:28

And, instructions for cooking pasta in the microwave.

storminabuttercup Fri 30-Sep-11 13:45:31

Most veg can be cooked in the microwave too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now