Talk

Advanced search

Healthy reheatable meals wanted!

(5 Posts)
glittershoes Tue 27-Sep-11 10:57:30

My DH has just started a Foundation Degree part time at the local college and therefore won't be getting in until 9.30pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays. At first I thought I would wait to eat with him but have decided that I will have eaten my own arm through hunger if I wait that long!

Does anyone have some healthy meals that I can make early on for me and then just reheat his portion (either in the microwave or oven) when he gets in?

Thanks in advance

poppycat04 Tue 27-Sep-11 11:00:44

Good food Website has all the recipes online. Look up rigatoni sausage pasta bake. I make it lots. Healthy and tastes great reheated.

CogitoErgoSometimes Tue 27-Sep-11 12:33:09

Any kind of bake, soup or casserole will reheat OK.

pregnantpause Tue 27-Sep-11 22:14:32

My dh gets home past nine two days a week- soup is the answer- potato and peek, carrot and lentil, tomato, cauliflower, anyrhing without cheese really. Oh and. Casseroles/stews if he's q meat man. Nothing with eggs, well maybe quiche if he likes it. Pasta IME only works if in a tomato sauce not anything creamy. Baked potatoes, shove one in when you eat ay six, he can add a topping when he gets back. Nowt wrong with beans/cheese on toast either.

glittershoes Wed 28-Sep-11 16:17:56

Perfect - thank you!

It sounds silly but I am so used to cooking for both of us and usually stuff like pasta and stir fries, nothing that is easy to reheat!

Love the soup idea (although will have to get a lot of bread if he is to count it as a meal!) and the baked potatoes - no idea why I didn't think of those!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now