Talk

Advanced search

Can I make cous-cous now for tonight?

(4 Posts)
Snowstorm Mon 26-Sep-11 14:11:49

Or will it go soggy or whatever it is that cous-cous does if you make it about 6 hours ahead of being eaten?

Flossbert Mon 26-Sep-11 14:15:01

Should be fine if you use the right amount of water. I pour boiled water to about 1cm above the level of couscous, put cling film over the top and fluff it after 10i minutes or so. We're having couscous tonight too - lovely!

witchwithallthetrimmings Mon 26-Sep-11 14:18:03

yes but why would you want to given that it takes all of 10 mins at the most and just needs a kettle

Snowstorm Mon 26-Sep-11 14:26:46

Because it's got lots of other stuff in too and this is the night that my children tend to struggle with their homework and need assistance and I'm making them an entirely separate meal for earlier on and I've got to do my daughter's cake for tomorrow and other birthday stuff and I'm really cr*p at cooking and take ages and I want to ensure that at least part of DH's and my supper is under control for tonight so that we get to eat before either I fall asleep (tired) or fall down (drunk).

That's why! smile Too much information though perhaps?!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now