Talk

Advanced search

Suggestions for lots of frozen dinners?

(7 Posts)
silvestro Sun 25-Sep-11 18:35:16

I've posted all over MN about the crap fact that the two DSs and I are moving to the UK ( in 2 weeks!!) and DH won't be moving with us but staying in the US for 6 months.
(looking forward to moving to UK but feeling so sad to leave DH behind now and feel like doing something nice for him)
Now, I don't propose to make 6 months worth of dinners for him but I'd really like to make and freeze a ton of dinners for him for those long winter nights to come home to something home made.
So far I've planned these
1. The makings of fajitas ( ie chicken and peppers -- he can assemble himself)
2. Lamb curry
3. Some kind of chicken, mushroom, cream sauce thing
4. Lasagne

Any inspired suggestions before I run out of time/motivation
TIA!

BecauseImWorthIt Sun 25-Sep-11 18:37:22

Loads of bolognese sauce, and chilli - he will just have to cook the pasta/rice to go with them.

Beef casserole.

Macaroni cheese.

snigger Sun 25-Sep-11 18:47:28

Coconut spiced salmon - I'm sure I'm posted this before someplace, but it's basically dessicated coconut sauteed in butter and spices (I suppose at a push, what with the international move and time constraints you could melt some butter, stir in coconut, then stir in generic curry spice paste) then you let it cool, pack it on top of fresh salmon slices, and freeze. Later, whip out and bake, serve with salad and potato salad, rice, or whatever.

Lots of steak pie - you could make a shedload of slow cooked delicious beef stew base, then individually portion, top with pastry, and freeze.

Salmon en croute - fresh salmon, plop onto pastry sheet, plop on mixture of cream cheese, herbs and a shedload of seasoning, wrap, freeze.

Oh, and make sure you include one box that's just a take out menu and a crisp twenty!

xx

silvestro Sun 25-Sep-11 19:30:04

Yes, there will be plenty of pizza ordered I'm sure.
I feel so bad for him because the winters here are so terrible, want him to have some nice stuff to warm the cockles....
Good idea, snigger, will make up shoebox/file with take out menus too.

deaconblue Mon 26-Sep-11 20:32:27

Make hearty soups for weekend lunches too

vmcd28 Wed 28-Sep-11 23:01:38

Homemade burgers.
Fish goujons.
Lasagne, frozen in (big) portions, and buy frozen garlic bread to serve with it.

FeastofBeans Wed 28-Sep-11 23:08:37

'Jamie Oliver Stew' as I call it. It's just carrots, celery, onion, spuds and 2 tins of tomatoes all bunged together with a meat/alcohol combo (pork/cider, chicken/w wine, beef/ale). As much alcohol as you want really wink. Bung in oven for an hour or 2, add water to ensure it doesn't dry up. Dead tasty, I've made loads for first few days with newborn.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now