Talk

Advanced search

Please can I have your best ever curry recipes?

(5 Posts)
AngryFeet Wed 21-Sep-11 14:05:28

As the title reads basically grin

I am feeding friends and wish to impress smile

feetheart Wed 21-Sep-11 14:06:10

Watching with great interest and drooling already smile

AngryFeet Wed 21-Sep-11 14:11:51

I have one recipe already for lamb rogan josh but I want to do a few dishes as some don't like lamb. Here it is, tried it a couple of months ago and it is very good. Had to fork out for the spices but now they will last me a few months smile

www.route79.com/food/rogan-josh.htm

ginaribena Wed 21-Sep-11 19:57:27

Punjabi Mum in Law's recipe for chicken curry passed on in obligatory post wedding culinary training. Use thigh meat, breast too stringy. if you have time even better with skinned thigh on bone. Its nothing fancy but really delish...

Fry 1 heaped tsp cumin seeds until fragrant in tablespoon oil, add 1 chopped onion, then as starts to soften 2-3 cloves garlic. cook until onions lovely golden colour, then add half tsp turmeric, heaped tsp ground coriander and cumin, tbsp fenugreek leaves if you have it. Then add 2 inch ginger grated, and green birdseye chilli to taste. Add half tin tomatoes and cook until the tomatoes and oil start to separate - this is the basis of a great curry so taste it and check has enough flavour. Add salt to taste but you need enough seasoning to bring out the flavours.

Then add your meat (500-700 g) and turn up heat to seal, stir so doesn't stick and add a bit of water to make more saucy (though not too much as it will release more liquid from meat). cook until meat cooked - 30 mins for thigh, 1 hour if on bone. add heaped tsp garam masala and hand full fresh coriander just before finished cooking, and adjust seasoning.

To eek out stingy meat portions I often add large potato pieces when add thigh meat (though not on bone this is best just plain), and if mood takes me tin of chickpeas, or some red and green pepper - although this is not as traditional!

Enjoy!

Xiaoxiong Thu 22-Sep-11 12:54:18

I made this a couple of nights ago, using chicken thighs and legs which I didn't bother to skin - it's from Madhur Jaffrey's Curry Bible but I found the recipe online for you here:
www.foodari.com/Recipes/Sarah%20Scott/Green-Coriander-Chicken

I doubled the quantities and it fed 6 greedy people, who licked their plates clean. Served it with rice, cucumber raita, a chopped tomato and onion salad and a jar of hot lime pickle.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now