Talk

Advanced search

A thread for packed lunch ideas for school aged children.

(6 Posts)
TheOriginalFAB Sat 17-Sep-11 18:17:59

I think I do quite well with giving my children different things for their lunch but I wonder sometimes if I am not giving DS1 enough. He has also decided he doesn't like bread so any ideas for replacements would be good as so far I have only put paninis on my shopping list.

Beamur Sat 17-Sep-11 18:21:15

DD likes rice cakes sandwiched together with peanut butter
Pitta bread and hummous
Oatcakes - with either soft cheese or babybels
Cheese scones
Cornish pasty/sausage rolls
Cold pizza
Wraps
Bread sticks
Crackers and cheese or ham

Mendeleyev Sat 17-Sep-11 18:22:41

My DC love bagels and cream cheese. They also like crackers. I put some dairylea cheese and a little knife to spread it and bits of veg like cucumber grapes and maybe some chorizo sausage sliced up to jazz it up a bit. Sometimes rolls make a change from sliced bread sandwiches. They only have a packed lunch once a week as a "special treat" though.

TheOriginalFAB Sat 17-Sep-11 18:38:45

Thank you. Some things I already give them but some ideas I hadn't thought of and have now added to my shopping list.

WhinGin Sat 17-Sep-11 19:51:35

The packed lunch favorites of my 2 are pasta salad (chicken, tuna, ham, whatever) and quiche or a spanish omlette/fritatta type thing with all kinds of stuff thrown in, ( new potatoes, peas, peppers, ham, prawns, courgettes, leftovers) Oh and Scotch eggs too smile

TheOriginalFAB Sat 17-Sep-11 20:08:50

I had forgotten all about pasta salad. I could do that and it doesn't matter about it being cold.

Thanks everyone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now