Talk

Advanced search

How would you layer this lasagne?

(9 Posts)
JoyceBarnaby Sat 17-Sep-11 12:48:43

I'm making a lasagne with a creamy courgette and rocket filling. I like a crispy, cheesy top to a lasagne so I'll use béchamel with Parmesan on the top. I want to add a simple garlicky tomato sauce somewhere but I'm not sure where best to add it. A layer on it's own? Or do I run the risk of it mixing with the courgette mixture and go pasta, tomato, courgette stuff and repeat as necessary?

All thoughts welcome! TIA

BikeRunSki Sat 17-Sep-11 12:51:16

Layer of courgettey stuff, layer of tomatoey stuff, cheesey layer.

HoneyPablo Sat 17-Sep-11 12:56:50

courgette
pasta
tomato
pasta
courgette
tomato
pasta
bechamel and cheese

CMOTdibbler Sat 17-Sep-11 12:58:04

I'd do the layers as courgette, pasta, tomato,pasta, courgette, pasta, cheesy

JoyceBarnaby Sat 17-Sep-11 13:19:49

Brilliant - thanks all. I think I'm going to go with Dibbler. Fingers crossed!

ChippingIn Sat 17-Sep-11 13:23:39

I think it's essential to have this product tested. I will PM you the address to enable you to comply with the regulations.

grin

CMOTdibbler Sat 17-Sep-11 13:26:30

Do you have a link to the recipe btw - it does sound super nice

JoyceBarnaby Sat 17-Sep-11 23:02:50

I am pleased to report that Dibbler's combination worked a treat and the resulting lasagne was very yummy indeed!

Dibbler - I've adapted a recipe by Gino D'Campo for courgette and rocket cannelloni. [[ http://m.goodfoodchannel.co.uk/recipe/516314/cannelloni-stuffed-with-courgettes-rocket-and-mascarpone/ here]] I made the courgette mixture as per his recipe and layered it up as you suggested. I made the tomato layer by very slowly frying some red onion and adding a carton of Sainsbury's chopped tomatoes with garlic and olive oil. I simmered it for a bit to thicken it. I served the whole thing with salad and a garlic and rosemary flatbread.

JoyceBarnaby Sat 17-Sep-11 23:03:58

Mmm, ok - that link didn't work! Don't think I can do it from my phone - google the recipe title and it will come up. HTH!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now