Talk

Advanced search

Simple but tasty dinner for girls night in?

(4 Posts)
AngryFeet Fri 16-Sep-11 20:22:57

Having 5 of my friends over for dinner and drinks next Friday - any ideas on what to cook? I am not a great chef but am willing to try anything - they will forgive me if it is not a perfect effort grin. I don't really have anything I am good at making so need ideas please!

carpwidow Fri 16-Sep-11 20:25:29

Get ready made fresh pasta that only needs dunking in boiling water for 5 mins, a pot of pasta sauce that you can microwave, a bag of bistro salad, a nice dressing and some garlic bread. Beautiful and all done in 10 mins! And buy one of those fecking great parmesan graters to look really impressive!

You could avoid cooking pretty much altogether and just do a couple of baked Camemberts, lots of good bread, celery, radishes, tiny roasted new potatoes etc. With wine to drink and chocolate fondant and raspberries and cream to follow, I think that would make for a very happy supper!

hellhasnofury Fri 16-Sep-11 20:27:41

DS has just made us Waitrose's recipe of Goulash Meatballs, tasty and simple (easy enough for an under confident 19 year old to do on his own)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now