Talk

Advanced search

URGENT! Can I leave this food ouit of the fridge?!

(5 Posts)
PassTheTwiglets Tue 13-Sep-11 11:54:17

I'm having people round for pizza tonight and have been a bit of an idiot. Thought I'd cook it now and then we'll just eat it cold later but can I leave it out of the fridge for 5 hours? One is just cheese and another has ham on. Common sense would say that it needs to be in the fridge but could I get away with it? (no room left in fridge!)

chocolatedigestives Tue 13-Sep-11 12:01:11

have you got a cool bag/box with freeze blocks you could use instead?

Gilberte Tue 13-Sep-11 12:01:28

Where I work refrigerated food should be left out at room temperature for a maximum of two hours before being discarded.

I wouldn't take the risk if I was catering for others especially with meat.

I know we all take sandwiches with us to work and such places which are out of the fridge for longer but it's different when you are cooking for others.

Could you not freeze and reheat from frozen instead.

PassTheTwiglets Tue 13-Sep-11 12:03:30

Thanks! Don't want to freeze and reheat as don't want any cooking later. Guess I will have to make room in the fridge then. Coolbag was a good idea but haven't got any freezer blocks frozen. Oh well, thanks very much! That'll teach me to try and be organised smile

whimsicalname Tue 13-Sep-11 12:20:26

Can't you just leave somewhere cool? It's not all that hot at the moment, and fridges are a fairly recent invention. I would just cover and leave in a cool place.

I tend to leave pans of things covered on the oven after I've cooked, and will happily do that for 24 hours. I've never knowingly poisoned anyone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now