Talk

Advanced search

Malt Loaf Parfait

(8 Posts)
nomiddlename Sun 11-Sep-11 21:12:48

Hi - I made Phil Vickery's Malt Loaf Parfait on Friday and having never made parfait before, found it quite a faff.

Taste nice to me but my mum said I should have defrosted it more before serving.

So today - I defrosted it for about an hour but then it was still frozen in the middle but sloppy around the outside.

What consistency is parfait supposed to have?

I served it with warm blackberries and it went really well but having never eaten it before, have no idea whether it's supposed to be like ice cream or different?

About half an hour in the fridge should be enough - assuming you made it in a loaf tin. It needs to be frozen, but soft enough to slice through with a hot knife IYSWIM.

nomiddlename Mon 12-Sep-11 22:11:33

Thank you so much for your reply. I didn't know about the hot knife thing!

Yes - I made it in a 2 lb loaf tin.

I think that I went wrong then by taking it out of the freezer and just leaving on the side - rather than in the fridge - whoops!

Thanks again smile

NO problem - yep, in a 2lb tin, ½ and hour in fridge will be fine. Hot knife gives you a smooth cut, jug of boiled water and just dip it each slice.

nomiddlename Tue 13-Sep-11 10:13:19

Perfect info - thank you smile

metalelephant Wed 14-Sep-11 01:08:07

I read your post as meat loaf parfait, and had lingering thoughts of mushy frozen meat - yikes!

ZacharyQuack Wed 14-Sep-11 02:29:40

I read Meat Loaf Parfait as well. Had visions of parfait glasses filled with mince and custard.

"Jam, good. Custard, good. Meat, gooooooood"

metalelephant Wed 14-Sep-11 11:34:27

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now