Talk

Advanced search

Left over roast lamb - not shep pie

(12 Posts)
FreeButtonBee Thu 08-Sep-11 20:06:55

i have some lovely left over shoulder of lamb to use up. What can i make with it? I HATE shepherds pie so that's out. What else can i do? It wss cooked in red wine, rosemary and redcurrant jelly but will probablybtake any flavours with too much trouble. We eat anything (apart from aforemwntioned shepherds pie!)

RightUpMyRue Thu 08-Sep-11 20:08:00

Curry
Hotpot

GlaikitFizzog Thu 08-Sep-11 20:10:07

Lamb and feta parcels.

Filo pastry, dice up the left over lamb add some feta, bake, add some fresh rosemary and garlic if you have.

Sleepglorioussleep Thu 08-Sep-11 20:16:08

Fry it with some sliced onion and moroccan spices ( see a lamb tagine recipe for the spices) then add to cous cous done in chicken stock. Put in with it all and serve with a dollop of yoghurt with chopped cucumber and mint.

Georgimama Thu 08-Sep-11 20:18:37

moussaka.

That's shepherd's pie really isn't it?

nancy75 Thu 08-Sep-11 20:22:04

stew type thing, add a couple of tins of tomatoes, red wine and rosemary and carrots any other veg and bung it in the other.

this is my recipe with pretty much all left over meat, its usually nice

SueFlay Thu 08-Sep-11 20:24:20

lamb and pomegranate salad

Ponders Thu 08-Sep-11 20:25:28

my mum used to make rissoles (this is like 50 years ago grin) & they were bloody good, actually.

Delia's recipe

hers look more like meatballs, my mum's were flatter patty type. I think they also had some potato in to make the lamb go a bit further. (you need a mincer really but could probably just chop it up finely)

FreeButtonBee Thu 08-Sep-11 21:00:24

Oooh lots of ideas. Like tagine idea, like the feta parcels, i'd be fine with moussaka acually, silly me, forgot about that one.

Recipe for lamb and pomegranate salad please!

Sleepglorioussleep Thu 08-Sep-11 22:20:17

When a recipe asks for meat to be minced, I just food process it. Works for us!

thereistheball Sun 11-Sep-11 08:22:48

With leftover lamb I usually make flatbread wraps, with humous, tomatoes, salad, red onion, feta, and chilli sauce, or salad with feta, red onion and black olives.

mousymouse Sun 11-Sep-11 08:37:47

moussaka
make a paste from feta cheese, garlic, olive oil, oregano
layer with aubergines (or courgettes), shredded lamb, cheese paste.
some of my greek friends pour one or two beaten eggs over the whole thing.
bake in the oven.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now