Talk

Advanced search

Both kids eating huge lunches at school now what do I cook for tea?

(10 Posts)
Chestnutx3 Thu 08-Sep-11 17:19:02

I don't think I can do sandwiches every day, they are not massively keen on them. In my family sandwiches are regarded as a bit of a snack not a meal. Neither keen on baked pototoes. I've spent the week making meals that just go into the bin as they are not hungry enough.

fuckityfuckfuckfuck Thu 08-Sep-11 17:20:49

Picnic food. Mine have been having cold meats, cucumbers, cheeses, grapes, big hunk of nice bread, things like that. Neither have been particuarly hungry and I can't say I'm sad to not have to cook for them. I don't mind as much of they leave something that's taken all of 2 minutes to throw onto a plate.

AlfalfaMum Thu 08-Sep-11 17:21:44

Boiled eggs and soldiers?
Soups.
Beans on toast (I know blush but my kids love them, and v quick and quite nutritious really..)

AlfalfaMum Thu 08-Sep-11 17:22:27

Lucky you, btw, mine are on packed lunch. I'd love not to worry about proper dinners.

SquishyCinnamonSwirls Thu 08-Sep-11 17:23:08

I'd do light tea's then instead, have you asked them what they would prefer?
Bowl of greek salad, soup and a roll, fruit salad, veggies and dips, picky bits out of the fridge, olives, breadsticks and hummous. Depends on the types of thing they like tbh.

fuckityfuckfuckfuck Thu 08-Sep-11 17:23:39

Agree with soup. Younger one wouldn't touch it but eldest adores minestrone which again is quick and cheap. I think we'll be eating much more of it as it gets colder.

upahill Thu 08-Sep-11 17:24:06

What about a small portion of a meal you would normally make?

Flisspaps Thu 08-Sep-11 17:24:50

On toast.

Chestnutx3 Thu 08-Sep-11 17:24:50

Well at least it should help keep the food costs down. Will bake a cake & biscuits and have high tea during the week.

40notTrendy Thu 08-Sep-11 17:31:39

Chocolate spread on toast here for same reason grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now