Talk

Advanced search

QUICK QUESTION RE PIZZA, NEED OPINIONS IN NEXT FEW MINS PLEASE

(10 Posts)
Paschaelina Mon 05-Sep-11 16:32:55

If you were eating cooked-but-getting-slowly-cold pizza from a buffet, would you rather the said cold pizza with resulting non-stringy cheese were deep dish or thin?

One irritating little brother protagonist says deep dish = chewy base when cold hmm, other pain in the rear DH says thin base = "wangy" hmm

I need to settle an argument as to which is better, thereby allowing me to finish the online shop for sundays birthday party.

(I can't answer this myself, cos cold pizza is the devil's own food, I hate cheese, even worse if its not melty)

And yes, apparently it IS important and I DO need to include it in the buffet

hmmhmmhmm

Paschaelina Mon 05-Sep-11 16:33:28

I realise I could include one of each, but if one is a no-no, i'd rather just get two the same.

supadupapupascupa Mon 05-Sep-11 16:34:29

thin i think......

AMumInScotland Mon 05-Sep-11 16:35:54

I'd probably prefer deep dish, as it would be less likely to collapse all over my clothes!

Thin. I agree with your brother I'm afraid, cold deep pan base is chewy and hard work which is why microwave it when I have leftovers for breakfast

wordsonapage Mon 05-Sep-11 16:36:31

Cold pizza when pissed is lovely

Thin is better as less soggy.

applechutney Mon 05-Sep-11 16:39:22

I'd say deep-dish actually - it cools down more slowly and stays slightly more moist when cool.

Lets face it, neither is likely to be the gourmet treat of the year grin

wordsonapage Mon 05-Sep-11 16:41:15

I'd do one of each tbh

TrillianAstra Mon 05-Sep-11 16:43:02

Hot or cold I prefer thin base.

Better topping:dough ratio.

Paschaelina Mon 05-Sep-11 16:43:16

thank you. Will do 2 thin and 1 deep.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now