Talk

Advanced search

Apples galore

(5 Posts)
ivykaty44 Sat 03-Sep-11 23:05:16

any more unusal ideas of what to make with cooking apples and soem lovely tart eaters?

i have already got an apple and sultana crumble with spices listed to make for after lunch on Sunday.

i have thought about baked apples for later in the week.

now what can I do with the other 10 kg of these lovely apples grin

Gincognito Sun 04-Sep-11 16:39:19

I would stew some up and freeze in reasonably sized portions to defrost later. Great with yoghurt for breakfast, or to sweeten porridge. Also as a sacuce for pork.

What about making some chutney?

Another thought - we also have a ton of apples this year and have been swapping with neighbours for plums and marrows.

Gincognito Sun 04-Sep-11 16:40:48

Sacuce? Sounds Italian.

ivykaty44 Thu 08-Sep-11 13:53:40

Well I have wrapped the cookers in newspaper and have them in the cool garage, the eater are slowly being eaten each day by the little people in the house.

I have also made[[ http://www.deliciousmagazine.co.uk/recipes/spiced-apple-sauce-cake this without the icing, it is lovely and moist]]

this but with blackberries rather than blueberries, as I have a few free blackberries to use up

Have this lined up for pudding tonight and leftovers on Friday night

Sleepglorioussleep Thu 08-Sep-11 20:10:43

Apple cake-BBC good food 101 cakes and bakes has a great one for the eaters nut might find one on google.
Or plenty if stewed apple frozen for year round crumble filling.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now