Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Peanut butter and bacon sarnies

(14 Posts)
pbandbacon Sat 03-Sep-11 08:28:56

Growing up it was very normal in my house to have PB and streaky bacon toasties. Given the reactions I get every time I mention it (let alone eat one!) I'm guessing this is considered to be odd. Lately I've been getting a similar reaction when I eat philly cheese and jam on a bagel. Both of these combinations are really delicious, if doubters would only give them a chance. What other food combinations do you love that others find odd?

wildfig Sat 03-Sep-11 08:36:29

I don't know when it started, but somehow it became standard for me and my sister to eat baked beans with a dollop of cottage cheese on top. Now I don't fancy it any other way.

Now I want a PB and bacon sarnie.

Sleepglorioussleep Sat 03-Sep-11 09:08:21

Cheddar cheese and strawberry jam sandwich smile

Mrsfluff Sat 03-Sep-11 09:16:44

I will 2nd the cheese and jam combo - it's delicious! Cheese & marmalade is also worth a try smile

supadupapupascupa Sat 03-Sep-11 09:18:51

i love PB and Jam on toast

also yorkshire puddings cold with butter and sugar

try digestives with clotted cream and jam too....heaven

StuckUpTheFarawayTree Sat 03-Sep-11 09:19:15

Never tried any of those, but after that annoying Family Guy advert coming on telly repeatedly have tried a peanut butter and strawberry jam sarnie. Mmmm!

You remember the annoying song "it's peanut butter jelly time"?

scabbysnake Sat 03-Sep-11 10:14:40

we used to have peanut butter & cucumber sarnies when we were young - still love them now!

SiamoFottuti Sat 03-Sep-11 10:15:20

I like both of those. I also like sausages and marmalade in toast.

Sleepglorioussleep Sat 03-Sep-11 10:50:07

Dh likes peanut butter and banana sandwich.

suburbandream Sat 03-Sep-11 10:53:54

I remember my mum making Peanut Butter Burgers - from a magazine recipe (it was the 1970s). Yes, literally a burger in a bun with peanut butter spread on it. Surprisingly delicious!!

pbandbacon Sat 03-Sep-11 12:28:06

grin PB & Banana, I forgot about those!

fishandlilacs Sun 04-Sep-11 14:03:23

sounds fab.

I love peanut butter and marmite on toast.

I love cream cheese and jam sandwiches, cream cheese and raisins is also nice. Cream cheese, pineapple and tinned sweetcorn.

UniS Sun 04-Sep-11 19:22:25

Toasted marshmallow between salted ( or chilli) tortilla chips.
Sweet crunchy bliss.

Itsjustafleshwound Sun 04-Sep-11 19:26:21

Cheese/Philly and jam sandwiches - but the jam has to be apricot or peach jam.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now