Talk

Advanced search

Agas and Babies - dangerous combo?

(10 Posts)
beki1 Tue 30-Aug-11 23:10:22

Can anyone out there quash our concerns over DD burning herself on aga? Thinking of purchasing an aga, but put off by the fact that 12 month old who is crawling and pulling herself up on everything may come to harm.

debka Wed 31-Aug-11 07:17:19

We lived with my mum until DD1 was 18mo, and she has an AGA. DD1 never even touched the AGA as far as I remember. I wouldn't worry (but am a pretty laid back mum).

nubbins Thu 01-Sep-11 09:09:57

I have an aga, a 1yr old and a 3yr old. neither have come to any harm from it. they do both like to sit by it because it is nice and warm, but not too hot to burn on the outside.

MilaMae Thu 01-Sep-11 20:59:46

I fenced it off when living with my parents and 12 month old twins.Have to say neither liked it as the whole room was too damn hot all the time.They were permanently red and 1 had exzema which literally vanished the day after we moved out.

beki1 Fri 02-Sep-11 22:57:17

Thanks all for feedback. I am sure she will be fine - just fear of the unknown from my side smile hopefully we won't experience a permanent heat wave like MilaMae!

fivegomadindorset Fri 02-Sep-11 22:59:15

So you are not put off by the extra bills? grin

We sold ours as was too expensive to run but DD never burnt herself on it.

Pancakeflipper Fri 02-Sep-11 23:01:58

My grandparents had one when I was a baby until I was about 10 and I used to live with them most of the time..And the kitchen was the room to be in. n

None of us burnt ourselves on the aga except my grandma... And she was old enough to know better

whats4teamum Sun 04-Sep-11 09:16:59

Awful things. Would put me off buying a house if it had an aga stuck in it. My grandmother had one and it was a nightmare.

tb Sat 01-Oct-11 14:28:38

DD hasn't known anything else (she's 14 next week), and has never never burnt herself on it.

sarahtigh Sat 01-Oct-11 19:42:12

I have stanley ( like AGA) and DD 22 months old she outside is not that hot byut warm she have never burnt hrself have always said hot keep away when open oven door but that would apply with normal cooker

in rural areas where no gas an oil fired aga boiler is a lot cheaper than CH run on electric, mine heats kitchen and bathroom and hot wa\ter not whole house but i love mine

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now