Talk

Advanced search

How do you do pannacotta?

(7 Posts)
GeekLove Tue 30-Aug-11 19:40:47

so I need to make pannacotta and have some idea what's actually in it but am not sure how tondo it?
How can I avoid turning it into custard or blancmange?

MitchiestInge Tue 30-Aug-11 19:44:43

sweet or savoury?

GeekLove Wed 31-Aug-11 21:49:11

Sweet pannacotta. I want to make vanilla pannacotta to go with my massive blackberry surplus

startwig1982 Thu 01-Sep-11 12:34:20

I think you just mix cream, sugar and vanilla over heat, then add gelatin. I found a recipe for it on BBC masterchef. Just make sure you grease the moulds, otherwise they fall apart!!

FortiesCromarty Thu 01-Sep-11 12:51:17

Perfect panna cotta here

strictlovingmum Thu 01-Sep-11 21:19:10

1pt milk, 1pt double cream 200g sugar, gently brought up to just below boiling point, dissolve six sheets of gelatine in a little cold water, squeeze the excess water out with your hands and add to your milk, cream, and sugar base, also at this stage add 1 tablespoon of vanilla essence and combine everything together with whisk gently, pour into moulds and place in the fridge to set.
To get the panna cotta's out of the moulds, dip the moulds in the little boiling water briefly and turn them out onto the plate, serve with a little raspberry jam, fresh raspberries and lemon shortbread biscuit, enjoy.smile

GeekLove Thu 01-Sep-11 21:24:37

Thanks! Will have some fun this weekend!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now