Talk

Advanced search

Help me with a chicken/chorizo/chickpea recipe please

(11 Posts)
Kandinsky Tue 30-Aug-11 18:23:32

At the end of last week there was a thread about meals that people cooked regularly for their families. A recipe for a chicken/chorizo/chickpea meal was mentioned many times; I think it was a Nigel Slater one. I am fairly new to MN and have tried to search for the thread but can't now find it and I can't find the recipe mentioned in the recipe finder or when googling BBC food, Nigel Slater etc. Can anyone please help as I am fed up with cooking all our staples and have all these ingredients sitting in my fridge waiting.

said Tue 30-Aug-11 18:25:48

Delia does this - have this a lot. One of my favourite dinners but I don't usually cook it so I will find it...

foreveryours Tue 30-Aug-11 18:27:34

This is amazing! http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/chorizochickenandchi_87895

grin

Enjoy!!

foreveryours Tue 30-Aug-11 18:28:27

www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/chorizochickenandchi_87895

said Tue 30-Aug-11 18:29:40

www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/chorizochickenandchi_87895 This is pretty close. Doesn't matter if don't have all the veg. Paprika, chorizo, chicken, rice and pulses will make a gorgeous meal

said Tue 30-Aug-11 18:30:09

x posts! grin

suburbandream Tue 30-Aug-11 18:31:12

this looks nice too, it's nigella - no chickpeas but chicken and chorizo

[http://www.nigella.com/recipes/view/spanish-chicken-with-chorizo-and-potatoes-5160]

suburbandream Tue 30-Aug-11 18:31:46

sorry, here it is www.nigella.com/recipes/view/spanish-chicken-with-chorizo-and-potatoes-5160

follyfoot Tue 30-Aug-11 18:32:31

No chickpeas, but I think my lot would eat this chicken and chorizo dish every day (we dont usually bother with the prawns). www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/bakedspanishrisotto_70241

Kandinsky Tue 30-Aug-11 19:02:41

Thank you very much for your quick responses. I have a version based on Simon Rimmers recipe ammended to what I actually had in my cupboard simmering on my hob. I'll let you know how it tastes.

Kandinsky Tue 30-Aug-11 20:57:44

Success. Thanks again. Enjoyed by all but DS2 who is a fussy devil so i had no expectation he would try it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now