Talk

Advanced search

Chicken and chorizo stew?

(7 Posts)
ALovelyBunchOfCoconuts Mon 29-Aug-11 19:24:11

A while ago I found a recipe here on MN for a Chicken and chorizo stew for the slow cooker. It had tomatoes and peppers among the ingredients. I saved it to my favourites list. I was going to cook it for dinner tomorrow so came on to refresh my memory and when I go into favourites, it tells me this recipe doesn't exist anymore.

There is now a recipe with the same name but totally different ingredients on there.

Has anyone read it or made it and can tell me what I need to do? Pretty miffed I can't find it anywhere and confused as to why my faves I have saved don't load.

TIA smile

ZZZenAgain Mon 29-Aug-11 19:25:24

don't know where it has gone or why but it sounds good and I have a heap of chicken and some chorizo in the fridge, so if you do find it, I'd be interested...

Tillyscoutsmum Mon 29-Aug-11 19:31:13

Had it got Cannellini beans in it ?

MoreBeta Mon 29-Aug-11 19:46:00

I do this Keith Floyd recipe.

Chicken breast/legs cut up into chunks.
Chorizo sausages cut up into small pieces
An onion
Pepper
Garlic cloves
Tin of tomatoes
Small handful of almond flakes
Small handful of raisins
Tin of Cannelini beans
Chicken stock
Large glass of cheap white wine or small glass of dry sherry

Fry chicken and sausage and then put in slow cooker.
Fry onion and peppers and then put in slow cooker.
Put rest of ingredients in slow cooker.
Cook slow for several hours.

The quantities are a bit vague as it depends what I have in and how 'hot' I want to make the stew. Serve with saffron flavoured rice.

ALovelyBunchOfCoconuts Mon 29-Aug-11 20:15:41

It didn't have any beans in it and I know it had paprika in.

I don't suppose it matters I can probably just throw some stuff in and hope for the best grin but I just don't understand how it can be there a couple of weeks ago and now it has disappeared.

Might post in site stuff to see why my favourites aren't working.

mummypeggy Mon 29-Aug-11 20:24:06

I do something similar but with sausages instead of chicken and butterbeans (presoak the previous night is better as there are no additives). Sometimes I add courgettes too. In fact most root veg should work, in small quantities.
My kids love it. Gets their 5-a-day too.

ZZZenAgain Tue 30-Aug-11 13:46:28

I'll have a go at that tomorrow beta, thanks

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: