Talk

Advanced search

Aubergine/tomato bake - sweet potato?

(4 Posts)
Jbck Mon 29-Aug-11 16:03:39

I'm trying to do more veggie meals for both health & financial reasons. I've got a recipe I used to use years ago for aubergine bake but I'm not too sure how DDs will take to it. Both are really good unfussy eaters but to ease them in I wondered if I could add chunks of roasted sweet potato maybe some peppers too for more familiar flavours and bulk it out a bit more cheaply.

It's a very basic recipe and herbs in it are italianish will it work?

MmeLindor. Mon 29-Aug-11 16:07:22

I don't see why not. Sounds great.

Aubergine is a veg that I have found to be a bit tricky, tbh. I love it but am the only person in the family who does. How about you do one side with aubergine and the other side without?

BooBooGlass Mon 29-Aug-11 16:09:07

Yes yes yes. I'm adding sweet potatoes to lots of things atm and my two are gobbling them down, completely unawares. If you asked dd she would say she hates them. Funny that hmmgrin

Jbck Mon 29-Aug-11 16:31:08

Thanks guys, DD1 loves sweet pots DD2 not botherd but she loves tomato, crunch/cheesy top type stuff, it's the aubergines I'm not sure about. I like them as does DH. I might make one side a bit more potato but still have aubergine in as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now