Talk

Advanced search

recipe for comfort food that's not calorific

(4 Posts)
SquongebobSparepants Mon 29-Aug-11 15:37:32

I am feeling a bit crappy and want something nice, like a big chocolate cake or some apple pie, or traybake or something BUT I am trying really hard not to put any weight back on, I have lost half a stone over the last few weeks and hgave LOTS left to lose. Am trying to low carb so less carbs the better.
Any ideas?

I came on to say soup but I see that just won't cut it!

Baked apples?
Apple slices cooked in butter and cinammon and a bit of brown sugar/slug of brandy?

SquongebobSparepants Mon 29-Aug-11 16:22:20

I have made soup. Its okay
It's not the apples I want, it's the pastry <<drools>>

Popbiscuit Mon 29-Aug-11 16:32:15

At the end of the day I really like to have a cup of hot chocolate with a splash of almond milk. Make sure it's a good quality one with less than a gram of fat. The one I have is dark hot chocolate and it's 100 calories and 1g fat. Totally satisfies my sweet tooth and takes a while to drink if it's piping hot.
STOP THINKING ABOUT PASTRY! But if you must have it, you could do some kind of baked apples in a little ramekin (as above) with a bit of phyllo pastry crinkled on top (brush with a tiny bit of butter and a sprinkle of sugar).
Another nice thing is pears poached in a little water and lemon juice topped with some toasted almonds and a little drizzle of honey or maple syrup.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now