Talk

Advanced search

Please help me like fish! I need your recipes.

(8 Posts)
nicole333 Sun 28-Aug-11 12:22:07

If I have any chance of losing weight properly I know I'm going to have to start eating fish. I'm so bored with other stuff, it's driving me off track

I'd like to give meaty, white fish a go first. What sauces do you make to go with this? I'll do it Atkins style, so no worries about cream or cheese. I just have to bypass the flour. I like flavour over spice and feel much better if it's stodgy and comfort food like. I have found a recipe in the latest Waitrose kitchen mag, with haddock, spinache and an egg in the sauce that I will try.

Any ideas will be much appreciated.

callmemalcolm Sun 28-Aug-11 12:25:48

poached haddock or cod or salmon in a foil pacel with garlic ginger and soy

OM NOM

also the waitrose recipe with halibut (£) and cherry tomatoes and parsely

also just shallow fry white fish with TINY bit of butter, then suqeeze lemon juice na dherbs over

nicole333 Sun 28-Aug-11 12:32:56

Thank you, I'll look into those. I've tried Salmon a few times, in different ways and I'm really not keen. I don't like asian style flavourings either.

I think I'd get on starting off with the white chunky fish as I said. I like the thought of disguising it with a flavoured sauce.

detoxdiva Sun 28-Aug-11 12:35:19

Cod fillets covered with chopped roasted red peppers, feta, garlic, lemon zest, parsley and breadcrumbs & baked in the oven for 20 mins.

BecauseImWorthIt Sun 28-Aug-11 12:41:59

Thick cod/haddock fillets, baked in the oven with olive oil, tomatoes and mixed herbs.

You can do them in foil parcels to keep them moist. Will take 10-20 minutes in the oven, depending on the thickness of the fillets.

BlueEyeshadow Mon 29-Aug-11 11:38:52

Top the fillets with ratatouille and cheese and bake for 20 mins.

Breedy Mon 29-Aug-11 13:22:24

Bake cod with a little oil and garlic and you could also cut up some potato wedges brush with a little oil and bake in oven also. Voila! low fat fish and chips! Serve with salad!

Swiddle Thu 01-Sep-11 13:17:40

I have a recipe for a nice Welsh rarebit topping for smoked haddock, or for any chunky white fish. I can't remember how it goes exactly (grated cheddar + egg yolk + bit of flour = mix to paste & slap on top, put in oven... something like that) but very yummy and does disguise the fish taste if you go for an ordinary non-smoked bit of white fish.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now