Talk

Advanced search

Ideas for substantial lunch

(7 Posts)
twinsufficient Sat 27-Aug-11 20:15:06

Parents are bringing dd1 back on Thursday and are staying for lunch. Sandwiches are not 'enough' from past experience and in reality they expect dinner but this doesn't help me as I have dh to cook dinner for when he gets back from work. So, something quick-ish and substantial but not too much effort. God I sound so lazy but do also have dts (2) who are going through a very whingy phase!

Homemade soup, bread, cheese board?

Quiche, new potatoes and salad?

Whatever you do, just save some back for dh's dinner so you don't have to cook twice.

Baked potatoes with a couple of different fillings? Baked potatoes with sausages and cauliflower cheese?

Big dish of pasta and garlic bread?

Canella Sat 27-Aug-11 20:23:56

By a selection of cooked meats and cheese, put it on a big board in the middle of the table and have a selection of nice rolls and some salad. Very German tradition for light meal.

twinsufficient Sat 27-Aug-11 20:29:03

Thanks for ideas. Forgot to say my dad is not a lover of pasta but that would've been my preference.

Carrotsandcelery Sat 27-Aug-11 20:35:04

Could you do some sort of casserole or goulash and keep some back for your dh in the evening?

TrillianAstra Sat 27-Aug-11 20:40:36

I agree with Remus and Canella, homemade soup (thick or chunky), bread, cheese, and cook a ham.

Everyone can have as much as they want, any leftovers can be for dinner or lunch the next day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now