Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Getting Fruit In To My 2yr Old!!

(4 Posts)
mrsfrenzy Fri 26-Aug-11 15:46:18

HELP!! My 2yr old will only eat fruit if its pureed and wont eat veg at all (unless its well disguised)

We've tried finger foods etc even "lumpy" puree but he just wont have it!!

Any advice??

colditz Fri 26-Aug-11 16:10:36

make a fruit puree and serve it in an egg cup. Provide peeled sticks of apple, carrot and cucumber.

Now, this is the important part.

Serve it only to yourself.

Don't serve him any. Serve it to you,and ideally somene else who will talk to you appreciatively about how tasty it is. Have a little giggle of joy whilst eating it. Ignore him unless he asks for some, don't offer it.

Then once he is good and interested, leave the room. Leave the fruit and fruit dip behind. Peep at him through the door if you can do so without being noticed, but don't give him a clue that you're watching him.

I think there's a 50/50 chance he's want to see what all the fuss is about.

Oh, and stop giving him sweets, cakes, biscuits and puddings, and juices. YOu want that tasty fruit plate to be the sweetest thing he EVER tastes.

colditz Fri 26-Aug-11 16:11:42

I got Ds1 eating carrot sticks by dipping them into boiled eggs.

Scaredycat3000 Sat 27-Aug-11 20:18:19

I second colditz sentiments. I so far have had an easy time with my 2 year old, but I have tried really hard to never comment on good/bad food, setting an example and generally making as little fuss as possible. Bowls of fruit are put on the table beside him playing and I steal a piece, without saying a word, and get told 'No, mine'. Or we may share it, he feeds me some, then has some himself. I let him pick fruit when we are out shopping. He also likes an eggcup with frozen peas/sweetcorn in it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now