Talk

Advanced search

Bockwurst Recipe - please

(4 Posts)
Liskey Fri 26-Aug-11 12:03:21

been given a jar of bockwurst from BIL who's living in Germany. Any ideas plese on turning them into a rounded meal for me, DH and DD - 20 months and a wee bit fussy? I've got lots of food in as just been shopping and realised that I haven't got a meal for tonight so was wanting to use this jar up as I've had it in the cupboard a year.

I've got potatoes, red lentils, tinned toms, onions etc.

Thanks

notcitrus Fri 26-Aug-11 12:20:58

Cook potatoes, then fry up some potatoes and slices of wurst.
Make sort of ratatouille with fried onions, tinned tomatoes and lentils to go with it.

I grew up eating food that was mainly vegetables with a bit of sausage or bacon etc for flavour - a couple wurst can go a long way!

Liskey Fri 26-Aug-11 12:34:11

Cheers for that - sounds nice but not sure if DG would be convinced - he's off fried food at the moment (wants to lose some weight). I'm now wondering if i could stick them in a kind of sausage casserole or if they'd be foul - I've tins of chickpeas and haricot and baked beans in the cupboard

I'd far rather have been give bratties really as they taste a lot nicer to me but these were a gift!

UnSerpentQuiCourt Fri 26-Aug-11 20:19:16

Yes, they would be good in a csserole, with beans and tinned tomatoes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now