Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

kitchenaid vs kenwood (not the Kmix)

(19 Posts)
louby78 Wed 24-Aug-11 19:52:01

I really really want a kitchenaid but am slightly put off by the difference in motors - the kitchenaid only has a 300W one compared to a 1400w one on the kenwood which is £50 less than KA on amazon.
I'm a young mum and love to bake and make bread etc for my young family so do want something that will last but I'm sooooo seduced by the look of a KA.
Help please!

NettoSuperstar Wed 24-Aug-11 19:58:50

I own a 30yr old Kenwood and I love it.
OK it's not exactly fancy or going to be in a magazine, but it's great.
I've just moved house and am due to move again and all I wanted to know was that I could take my huge freezer and my Kenwood Chef.

CakeForBreakfast Thu 25-Aug-11 09:38:54

Kenwood Kenwood Kenwood

Kitchenaid parts hard to get hold of, Kenwood is built to last. Mine is so old but still sprightly as a spring chicken, it has never failed me.

I love Kenwood

ManicMother7777 Thu 25-Aug-11 22:57:37

I love Kenwood too. Kenwood Chefs are brilliant. Mine is 15 yrs old and my mum's is 44 years old. Spares easy to get.

1944girl Thu 25-Aug-11 23:01:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

snowpuma Thu 25-Aug-11 23:12:59

Sorry I'm going against the crowd here, I don't have any experience of Kenwood but I LOVE LOVE LOVE my KitchenAid... got it for a wedding present 7yrs ago and still works exactly the same now as it did then. So sturdy - reassuringly - v powerful, mixes perfectly, can fix loads of attachments on, bowl goes in dishwasher, looks so beautiful on the worktop (I have the Empire Red one). So it gets my vote!

JetLi Fri 26-Aug-11 08:42:14

I went Kenwood because the attachments were better IMO - my current fave is the potato peeler grin
I did get mine a few years ago now so it could be there is more choice in the KitchenAid gadgetry these days.

Catslikehats Fri 26-Aug-11 08:46:38

I love my kenwood (even if the kitchenaid is prettier) Had mine about ten years, my dad has had his about 35 years, goodness knows how old my 96 year old granny's is but it still gets used on ocassion.

Lizcat Fri 26-Aug-11 14:24:32

I am dropping enormous hints for the Kenwood for my birthday.

midnightexpress Fri 26-Aug-11 14:32:26

Love my Kenwood! There are loads of bits and bobs you can get to add to it (blenders, mincers, yadda yadda), and the motors are famed for their longevity. I use mine at least once a week.

LoonyRationalist Fri 26-Aug-11 14:33:22

I have a kitchenaid & I do love it, Is fantastically sturdy & does everything brilliantly however I won mine (in a MN comp - thank-you again MN ;) ) & would not have spent £400 on it & would have eventually gone for the kenwood on that basis

wildfig Fri 26-Aug-11 14:51:49

Love Kenwoods. My mum still uses the one she was given for a wedding present in 1962, and has my gran's even older one as a back-up. My own much-loved blue Kitchenaid has just broken after 15 years' hard labour, but I've replaced it with a KMix - which was considerably cheaper, has a more powerful engine and is just as pretty, I think.

Sleepglorioussleep Sat 27-Aug-11 23:40:23

Kitchenaid! Have had to get spares and had no problem at all. Much as I love ours though, it is generally a kitchen ornament and gets used for enormous cakes and meringues only.

HopeForTheBest Mon 29-Aug-11 16:57:18

Another vote for the Kenwood here.
My mum's one is 38yo and still going strong. Mine is 10yo and still looks new.

One thing did break on the liquidiser base though (which may or may not have been to do with what I was trying to liquidise with it <whistles innocently> ), and Kenwood replaced it immediately free of charge.

fatsatsuma Tue 30-Aug-11 18:22:26

OP, can I ask why not the Kmix? I have been longing for a KA for ages but saw the Kmix recently and wondered how it compares.

ilovemykitchenaid Tue 30-Aug-11 20:00:20

I love my kitchen aid and have the ice cream making bowl, and the mincer sausage stuffing atttachments.

It also looks so cool in my kitchen

redglow Tue 30-Aug-11 21:35:25

Kitchen aid is so much nicer looking.

louby78 Wed 31-Aug-11 15:35:48

Not the Kmax only because it looks like the kitchenaid but it's not drastically different in terms of wattage (500 I think) so I'd rather have the KA but my biggest thing is looks versus power!

I just discovered the KA has the same wattage as my dualit hand mixer so I'd only be buying it to look good and go handsfree and to be honest I do want a reliable workhorse. Oh dilemmas!

wildfig Thu 01-Sep-11 16:44:51

KMix is 500w, whereas Kitchenaid Artisan is 300w. But then a Kenwood Chef is 800w.

I have to stand up for the KMix here - the Kitchenaid is a Nigella-esque 50s classic, but the KMix has a cool Art Deco chunkiness about it that actually works better in my kitchen. And after years of draping an effectual towel over the mixer while making icing, the plastic splashguard is a really welcome touch, as is the 'folding in' function on the speed setting.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now