Talk

Advanced search

Recipe challenge! heres what I have in my fridge....

(4 Posts)
Herecomesthesciencebint Sun 21-Aug-11 22:27:09

I have various things left over from a shop/meals I did for friends this weekend plus stuff from the garden. So what shall I make this week for the families meals? All good varied eaters and I could do with light lunches or family tea.

I have a well stocked staples cupboard and can always get cream or the like if needed.

Look forward to fresh inspiration!

Cooked chicken from a roast
LOTS of home grown potatoes
Green beans++
Tub of mascarpone
Ripe brie and some chedder and parmesan
Eggs from our chicks, lots of these
Minced beef
Bacon
Red onions
Sundried tomatoes in olive oil

Naoko Sun 21-Aug-11 23:58:43

Mince, potatoes, onions - most of a cottage pie (I don't know what the weather is like where you are but it's definitely warming-pies-and-stews weather here....)
chicken, green beans, onion - chicken&veg risotto. I usually do this with whatever green veg comes to hand, if you have frozen peas or broccoli lurking about the freezer that can go in too
Mascarpone, bacon, sundried tomato - pasta sauce waiting to happen
potatoes, cheese, cream - dauphinoise potatoes

Hope there's something in there you like!

DioneTheDiabolist Mon 22-Aug-11 00:05:38

Warm potato salad, made with potatoes, green beans & onion dressed with wasabi mayo. Have it with the cold chicken.

stressedHEmum Mon 22-Aug-11 08:27:31

Onions, potatoes, eggs, cheese - frittata (could also add green beans if you have tons)
potatoes, green beans, pesto, pasta - genovese pasta
minced beef, sun dried tomatoes, onion, herbs - burgers
chicken, cooked green beans, garlic, basil, tin tomatoes - fry garlic (quite a lot) in olive oil until fragrant, add chicken, cooked beans, and toms, simmer until heated through and combined, stir through shredded basil. Eat with potatoes or crusty bread
bacon, eggs - bacon and egg pie, serve with potatoes and green beans
mascarpone, parmesan - make a pasta sauce with these and some garlic, spinach and a splash of cream

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now