Talk

Advanced search

Raspberry Crumble Cake - recipe needed

(10 Posts)
Aseaandthreestars Fri 19-Aug-11 15:19:55

I've got some fresh raspberries and store cupboard cake-making ingredients. I fancy a raspberry crumble cake, but have only got as far as the name. How would you make 'raspberry crumble cake'?

kellestar Fri 19-Aug-11 15:25:03

If it's anything like an apple crumble cake, cake mix on the bottom, apples on top and then crumble mix on top that. Layered but yummy. Raspberries are a good idea, have lots in the freezer to use.

Aseaandthreestars Fri 19-Aug-11 15:26:17

Ah, thank you, that sounds like the sort of thing I'm thinking of. Do you have a recipe you use?

kellestar Fri 19-Aug-11 15:35:11

180g butter, 180g caster sugar, 150g self raising flour, 50g ground almonds, 3 eggs, tsp of milk, tsp of cinnamon. For cake mix.

90g butter, 120g of self raising flour, 60g caster sugar. For crumble mix.

Make crumble first and put in fridge, always a better crumble this way.

50 mins in middle of oven, but upped to 1hr with our elec fan oven.

Lush with custard or cream.

Aseaandthreestars Fri 19-Aug-11 15:38:18

Oh my. That's it. I think I'm out of ground almonds, but I'm getting so over-excited about baking this that I might pop out and buy some <is very easily pleased>

Thanks for help.

kellestar Fri 19-Aug-11 15:40:31

Ground almonds can be edoted out just add more s/r flour.

Aseaandthreestars Fri 19-Aug-11 15:53:41

We have ground almonds! They were at the back of the cupboard and I have no memory of buying them, but they're going into the crumble.

Aseaandthreestars Mon 22-Aug-11 09:08:17

Thanks for recipe Kellestar. It was gorgeous when all warm out of oven and rather lovely cold yesterday. Thanks again.

KatyParrish Tue 23-Aug-11 10:02:09

I’m definitely pinching this recipe and trying it tonight smile

Aseaandthreestars Thu 25-Aug-11 16:33:44

Did you make it?

I'm thinking of having a bash with some mango and ginger at the weekend.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now