Talk

Advanced search

Is this where i ask about cake help?

(8 Posts)
Tiredmumno1 Thu 18-Aug-11 15:54:51

How on earth would i make a lightning mcqueen cake, or even buy disney cars cake decor.

If anyone has any idea please let me know, thankyou for reading smile

PandaG Thu 18-Aug-11 16:00:48

really simple?

do you have a small Lightening McQueen toy?

make a sponge cake in a rectangular tin. Cover with green buttercream.

Buy some sugarpaste and colour with a bit of black colouring (paste colouring better but liquid would do as you only want pale grey)

roll sugarpaste out and make a track round the top of the cake

add real 'Cars' models to the top. YOu could add flowers, rocks etc to base of cake made out of sugarpaste - or sweets, and a flag finishing line - cocktail sticks pushed into cake with paper stuck on.

Tiredmumno1 Thu 18-Aug-11 16:08:42

Ah now thats a good idea i shall look into it thank you so much

bettieblue Thu 18-Aug-11 16:08:49

Hi

You could try ebay. I make cupcakes a lot and buy toppers on ebay, there are lots of small shops on there where you can buy transfer toppers for cakes or get them handmade..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=lightning+mcqueen+topper&_sacat=See-All-Categories

if you look at this link there are lightening mc queen cake tins, transfer toppers or toppers that go on top of the cake made of sugar paste.

Tiredmumno1 Thu 18-Aug-11 16:57:43

Thanks bettie, i cant get into that link, i am on my phone at mo, so i will have to manually input it when i get chance to put the computer on later, thanks

mandoo Thu 18-Aug-11 17:02:08

Sainsbury's do a great one. A bit of a cheat I know but will still give the desired effect.

bettieblue Thu 18-Aug-11 18:58:06

Its probably easier to go onto ebay and just do a search for lightening mcqueen topper although if sainsburys do one that sounds a lot easier!

Tiredmumno1 Fri 19-Aug-11 11:22:13

Thanks for the ideas, i was trying to steer clear of the one from sainsbos as i thought it had that thick icing on it, which can get a bit sickly, i wish they didnt make them like that

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now