Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Black currants!

(8 Posts)
WhoseGotMyEyebrows Thu 18-Aug-11 15:04:09

I have some fruit growing in my garden and was wondering what it was, did a little google and looks like that are black currants.

Don't think I've ever actually eaten them so ideas on what they are nice with would be welcome.

Sorry if this means I'm thick!

WorkInProgress Thu 18-Aug-11 15:19:51

Blackcurrant cheesecake, blackcurrant and apple crumble, blackcurrant jam. Lots of sugar needed. I am jealous we had some, but my daughter got to them first and made 'ribena' by mashing them up with sugar and water. Yuk

WhoseGotMyEyebrows Fri 19-Aug-11 08:03:03

Thanks very much!

debka Fri 19-Aug-11 10:43:54

Where are you OP? We have blackcurrants but they finished over a month ago. Are you sure they're blackcurrants?

WhoseGotMyEyebrows Fri 19-Aug-11 11:22:15

Well I googled blackcurrant as I thought they might be that and they do like like the pictures. I am on the outskirts of London. I have also eaten some and so far they haven't made me ill! If they were poisonous berries though how long would it take?! grin Testing them on me before giving any to the kids.

WhoseGotMyEyebrows Fri 19-Aug-11 11:24:00

Ok just had another look and the one's I have are green before going ripe whereas the one's on google are redish before being ripe. What the fuck are they then?! I think mine might be smaller too.

Well I have no tummy ache and they taste quite nice!

debka Fri 19-Aug-11 19:58:12

I had a quick google too and there appear to be lots of different varieties. If you're not dead yet then I guess they're ok!

WhoseGotMyEyebrows Fri 19-Aug-11 20:21:30

Yeah that's what I though (the not dead thing!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now