Talk

Advanced search

Is there a sandwich box that actually holds a sandwich?!!

(12 Posts)
chillyigloo Thu 18-Aug-11 08:39:48

I've been searching for a container to hold DD's sandwich in her lunchbox when she starts school in September. She's always had a packed lunch at pre-school but all the boxes I tried needed the crusts cut of the bread to fit in the box. DD's fine eating her crusts so I don't want to encourage fussiness by having to make crust-less sandwiches everyday (plus, tbh, can't be bothered with the faff of doing that every morning!).

I'm reluctant to resort to foil or clingfilm as it always seems a bit wasteful and the sandwiches end up all squashed in the lunch box.

Wondered if anyone on here had some wonderful solution?

PrettyCandles Thu 18-Aug-11 08:42:18

I have an excellent triangular sandwich box from Lakeland, proper size.

chillyigloo Thu 18-Aug-11 09:14:09

Oooh - Interesting! I looked online earlier but couldn't see anything (it's unusual for lakeland to let you down!) ... I'm passing through Solihull later in the week though and there's a store there so maybe I'll pop in. Hmmm ...

PrettyCandles Thu 18-Aug-11 12:16:22

Hmm, they don't seem to have it on their website, and I can't find it by Googling. Shame.

LakeFlyPie Thu 18-Aug-11 15:25:12

I've got one of these and think it's great smile

KurriKurri Thu 18-Aug-11 16:45:18

this?

Seona1973 Thu 18-Aug-11 20:39:49

we got these from Asda

serin Sat 20-Aug-11 00:06:16

I have those Sistema boxes too and they are fab. Perfect fit for one sandwich.

toomanyeasterbunnies Tue 23-Aug-11 07:44:28

The other thing I have found is that it depends on how you pack your sandwich. I had a sandwich box for two years and kept squeezing the sandwich in thinking it was ridiculous to sell a sandwich box that doesn't fit a sandwich. Then one day I cut my sandwich in triangles and put the cut corners into the corners of the box rather than crust corners (if that makes sense) and it fitted perfectly. Only took me two years to work out! blush

chillyigloo Thu 25-Aug-11 09:04:27

Oooh LakeFlyPie ... that looks like a fantastic idea!

mothersmilkandherchickenseggs Thu 25-Aug-11 15:28:58

iv just bought one of these www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PARTY-CUPCAKES-SANDWICH-BAG-WRAP-REUSEABLE-/220833097686?pt=UK_HomeGarden_Kitchen_FoodStorage_GL&hash=item336aada7d6
will let u know how i get on but they look good have bought on for myself and on for dh for work our little ones only eat half a sandwhich so unfortunatly they wouldnt work

nickelbabe Thu 25-Aug-11 15:34:56

a tupperware one

i remember the days when tupperware lunch boxes had a little divider to put your sandwiches behind.

this is more of a keeper like the siestema one

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now