Talk

Advanced search

Bakewell tart cheesecake recipe wanted

(6 Posts)
carpwidow Wed 17-Aug-11 10:31:24

DH loved a dessert he had recently in local restaurant. Traditional base, but cheesecake "...tasted like bakewell tart with cherries in it...". Anyone have a recipe for something similar? Thanks

Aseaandthreestars Fri 19-Aug-11 16:16:25

Could there have been almond flavouring in the cheese? Or maybe some raspberry/cherry jam between biscuit and cheese (raspberry as traditional flavour)?

What sort of restaurant was it - I'm grasping at straws a bit here.

carpwidow Fri 19-Aug-11 17:47:19

Thanks aseaandthreestars. It was a gourmet pub - food was lovely. I'm going to experiment and, as you suggest, put a layer of jam on top of the biscuit base, add a couple of drops of almond flavour and stir in some Morello cherries. smile

Aseaandthreestars Fri 19-Aug-11 17:51:37

I want that cheesecake now!

One other idea - make the biscuit base out of almond biscuits, or add ground almonds to base. Thinking about it, it might be better than almondy mix, so, your idea with some almond biscuits.

DaisySteiner Fri 19-Aug-11 17:53:31

What about this?

carpwidow Fri 19-Aug-11 17:58:25

Yay Daisy! Thank you. Can't wait to try. Kitchen out of action at the moment - waiting for non-DIY DH to fit units - he's bought a new drill today so all will be well <<really?>>. New Stoves range cooker fitted yesterday, but faulty so waiting for repair man to come out - brand new £2K kit with a rattling fan oven! When the delivery men brought it in, standing on its side and then dropped it down, I did have my suspicions that this may be the case. Ggrrrrr.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now