Talk

Advanced search

Buffet Catering for Christening

(4 Posts)
KATC2010 Wed 17-Aug-11 08:24:19

Not sure if this is the right place for this query but here goes.....

Am thinking of doing buffet for our DC's christening in a few weeks for about 25 people as don't really want to spend lots on getting catering done/hiring function room.

Anyone else done this? Any tips on how to make it as stress free as possible?

TIA smile

deemented Wed 17-Aug-11 08:32:33

Yes, i did this for DD's christening.

I'm not sure how to do it stress free, as it was pretty stressful doing it all myself, but it was a lovely spread and a really good day.

We had lots of 'posh' breads, cold beef and cold ham - found a good butcher who sliced it all for me and did me a good deal - some good local cheeses, greek salad, feta salad, pasta salad, potato salad and coleslaw, some nice chutneys and savory marmalades, and then the usual mini sausgaes, sausage rolls, little pizzas for the children.

Swett wise, i made fancy cupcakes with lots of icing, angel cakes and mini merainge nests with fresh fruit and cream.

Tommy Wed 17-Aug-11 08:33:19

Waitrose do a good buffet - not too pricey either grin

KATC2010 Wed 17-Aug-11 17:07:01

Thanks for responses - unfortunately don't have a Waitrose near by sad
but we do have M & S and i'm sure they have some good bits as well so I'll probably take a look at what they do and Sainsburys as well. xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now