Talk

Advanced search

Talk to me about kitchenaids.....

(55 Posts)
louby78 Tue 16-Aug-11 14:26:57

I have wanted one for so long but just no room in our little terrace house BUT...we are soon to be moving to a bigger house with a lush kitchen which just is crying out for a KA!! I love baking but want to know have I just been seduced by seeing all the celebrity chefs use them and is it just about the looks? I'm clearing out my house for the move and ebaying a load of stuff and plan to splash out on one with the proceeds. So tell me are they really worth it???????

Mbear Tue 16-Aug-11 14:41:19

Sorry, this is probably not what you want to hear - but we love ours! It is great and is beautiful. And if you get one, get the ice cream attachment to to with it!

louby78 Tue 16-Aug-11 15:39:25

No I do want to hear how good it is! tell me about the ice cream attachment?

LadyGrace Tue 16-Aug-11 17:38:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

lou33 Tue 16-Aug-11 17:57:25

I really really want one. I have a picture torn out from a magazine which i have stuck on the fridge door, as a hint for Christmas/birthday/anytime gifts, but for some reason, i keep finding it deliberately obscured by other unimportant rubbish.... hmm

louby78 Tue 16-Aug-11 19:30:35

What do you use it for LadyGrace? Must admit, I am trying to shift the last half stone of baby weight and would this just be a bad idea with all those cakes I'd be churning out.....speaking of which v excited about The British Bake off which starts in 30 mins!!

JoyceBarnaby Tue 16-Aug-11 20:49:52

I love mine! In the past week, I've used it to make some biscuit dough, some sweet pastry and some creme patissiere. DH has also used it to blend some chilli and garlic butter. I'm also watching the Great British Bakeoff and I suspect my KA will be used in the next week to make some cake mixture for a Battenberg cake!!

lou33 Tue 16-Aug-11 21:55:36

envy

LordOfTheFlies Tue 16-Aug-11 22:04:18

ditto envy

I've got a hand-held Kenwood in black.(They used one on Something for the Weekend )

Would love a KA but only do a batch of fairycakes and Christmas cake, so can't really justify cost or space.

zabwino Tue 16-Aug-11 22:10:27

Love love love mine! It's FAB

Mumofjz Tue 16-Aug-11 22:32:12

the only ka i know is the car and i know you can't mean that.....what is it???

Vajazzler Wed 17-Aug-11 07:31:07

MUMOFJZ a ka is a KitchenAid. It is a beautiful powerful machine that creates wonderful things

Louby you absolutely must get one. Even if you dont use it very often it deserves to be admired.

Since i got mine my cakes and other treats are much nicer and they are much easier to make.

lou33 Wed 17-Aug-11 10:31:42

That link took me to some rather nasty looking boil type pictures <shudders>

stealthsquiggle Wed 17-Aug-11 10:43:48

Get a low-end commercial one - better motor, stainless steel bowls (mine came with 2, which is incredibly handy) and better build quality. I love mine!

LadyGrace Wed 17-Aug-11 11:38:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

babyocho Wed 17-Aug-11 11:42:59

Anyone got the mince meat attachment?

Portofino Wed 17-Aug-11 13:31:14

<<snorts at the runaway boil>> grin

mince meat attachment....<<cries>>

BagofHolly Wed 17-Aug-11 13:33:28

Hello! That's my boil! It's got 5 heads now, and apparently is getting into baking!

I'm PISSING myself laughing that my gammy neck is the link for a KitchenAid!

twinklytroll Wed 17-Aug-11 13:34:19

I use mine a few times a week and it has made life so much easier. However I do bake a lot.

I want a mince meat attachment as well.

lou33 Wed 17-Aug-11 14:10:18

How on earth did your boil get confused with a kitchen aid? !

It looks very painful btw.

MigratingCoconuts Wed 17-Aug-11 14:21:11

just in case some of you are interested

the boil thread

runnyhabbit Wed 17-Aug-11 14:28:55

I have a KA food processor. It is fab, and looks so lovely on my very small kitchen worktop.

I would love the mixer. And would quite happily sacrifice the microwave space for onegrin

Vajazzler Wed 17-Aug-11 16:00:38

Whoops! i meant this i hope

Mbear Wed 17-Aug-11 16:19:03

Sorry, only just back to this thread - the ice cream attachment is a lovely big bowl that you stick in the freezer, then when the time is right, get out, there is also a mixer attachment which goes where the paddle does. Follow an ice cream recipe (we have the Ben and Jerry's book) et voila lovely scrummy ice cream that takes abbot 25 mins to knock up.

Wash the bowl out, dry completely and return to the freezer ready for the next time! Saves having a whole other machine.

We had some shop bought ice cream once and a scoop was left in a bowl in the living room all night, the next morning there was still a lump and we realised that all the emulsifiers and crap that goes into it, that sugar and cream were probably as good!

Think the ice cream bowl was around £60 - but def worth it!

Mbear Wed 17-Aug-11 16:20:13

And on a very silly note - choose your colour wisely! We didn't and now dh wants to take it to a car spraying place to change the colour.

I kid you not.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now