Talk

Advanced search

Freezer died - need recommendations for best pouches!

(4 Posts)
razzlew6 Mon 15-Aug-11 16:42:37

Hi - my freezer died over the weekend and have had to throw everything away including soooo much homemade baby puree. DS1 has only been weaned for a month so I hadn't used pouches yet (aside from Clearspring fruit puree). But fear I'll get sick of making stuff fresh every day till we get it fixed! Any suggestions for the nicest Ella's Kitchen (etc) veggie pouches which babies are least likely to turn their noses up at, would be much appreciated!! Thanks

razzlew6 Mon 15-Aug-11 16:43:03

He is 6mths old if that helps

JenaiMarrHePlaysGuitar Tue 16-Aug-11 16:46:18

I have no idea what's around these days (my baby feeding days are waaaaay gone) but I do know that what one baby loves, another won't. And that what a baby hated today, last week and the week before will be their new favourite tomorrow... grin

All ds's favourite jar foods (I don't think there were any pouches then) dyed everything orange - lamb and apricot couscous with tomato , chicken with rice and tomato , pasta with tomatoey bolognese...

TBH most of the time he had what we had - if I made bolognese I'd remove a bit before I salted it for example. Ditto risotto. Or he'd have scrambled egg with a bit of toast to feed himself with.

JenaiMarrHePlaysGuitar Tue 16-Aug-11 16:50:23

Baby pasta (there was some brouhaha about baby pasta on MN a while back but I missed it - and I found the stuff jolly useful. No idea what the brouhaha was though) with (unsalted) butter, parmesan and squished up vegetables. That was a good standby.

Avocado, with a slice of two of cheese to scoff on the side.

Both easy and freezerless.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now