Talk

Advanced search

Ideas for dinner?

(2 Posts)
addictediam Sat 13-Aug-11 17:42:13

I have chicken thighs thawing and some leeks I need to use up. Anyone have any recipie ideas, I'm feeling alittle lost with these two! (I don't normally cook with either!)

ChrissasMissis Sat 13-Aug-11 22:17:58

Do you have any potatoes? If so, I would peel and slice to the thickness of a pound coin. Layer the spuds into an ovenproof dish. Slice the leeks and fry until softened, then layer over the potato.

Seal the chicken thighs in a separate frying pan, then remove the skin and place snugly on top of the potato. Poke a few whole cloves of garlic amongst the chicken pieces, then sprinkle over a little dried thyme and season with salt and pepper.

Place another good layer of sliced potato on top, then pour over about 1/2 litre of chicken stock. Bring to the boil on the hob, then cover and pop in the oven for an hour. Remove the cover, dot with small pieces of butter to help the spuds brown and cook for a further 20 minutes.

I make this quite often - the potatoes soak up the stock and you end up with a nice combination of soft, savoury potatoes and lovely crunchy ones on the top!

Enjoy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now