Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone use meal planning software?

(8 Posts)
schroeder Thu 11-Aug-11 14:32:29

Was thinking about getting some meal planning software to help me be bit better organised.

I don't know where to start.

tell me about what you use please.

4merlyknownasSHD Thu 11-Aug-11 16:33:04

Meal planning software? Are you serious? Surely not.

I think that there are some web-sites that you can type in the main ingredients you have and it could produce a selection of recipes, but can't you just knock up a spreadsheet on Excel?

schroeder Thu 11-Aug-11 16:43:22

I have not used excel since 1994, it may have changed a bit since then I fear.

No idea how I could 'Knock one up' with it?

There are packages out there, so I hypothesised that some people might use them. Not so stupid or so I thought.hmm

HoneyPablo Thu 11-Aug-11 16:55:46

I have never heard of meal-planning software. But then I have lived a sheltered life.
I would worry that I wouldn't want what the computer had planned for me. Mind you, it is 4.55pm and I haven't planned what we are having for tonight's tea yet.

OhdearNigel Thu 11-Aug-11 17:29:38

Might this be any good ?
www.shoppingplanner.co.uk/

I meal plan month by month and have a tabular template on word on my computer, sadly it doesn't work out my shopping for me though

ComradeJing Fri 12-Aug-11 10:16:08

Do you mean you type in all the recipes you know and it spins out a week of meals plus a shopping list?

or it does everything and gives you the recipes as well?

schroeder Fri 12-Aug-11 12:29:12

That looks like the sort of thing Nigel-was hoping it would be free or at least mine to keep though iykwim.

Comrade- the first thing, my family's too fussy for it giving me recipes to be much use. hmm

Thanks

ComradeJing Sat 13-Aug-11 14:16:07

Do you have a Mac? Try macgourmet. It's on iPhone too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now