Talk

Advanced search

Easy sauce to go with griddled chicken, please

(10 Posts)
Imisswales Wed 10-Aug-11 15:25:45

I was thinking of something I could make in a pan at the side while the chicken is cooking. I'm open to suggestions, thanks.

CogitoErgoSometimes Wed 10-Aug-11 15:35:30

A tangy BBQ sauce could do the trick.... Soften some finely chopped onion and garlic in butter/oil and then add some chunky chopped tomatoes, tomato ketchup, HP sauce, mustard and Worcester Sauce to taste. Simmer until the combined vapours make your eyes smart a little smile

Tortington Wed 10-Aug-11 15:37:55

make a paste from curry powder and olive oil and spread onto chicken - tis lovelly

also tinned tomatoes are genius. add to chicken - stick in onion, garlic peppers - whatever, add chili

chili rocks

you can do same as with curry above

but with chili

oooh top chicken with cheese yum

Imisswales Wed 10-Aug-11 16:04:01

I like both of those, thanks. Still open to other suggestions - I eat a lot of chicken!

iklboo Wed 10-Aug-11 16:16:09

Slap some doritos salsa on top, maybe a little grated cheese & grill till cheese is melted.

iklboo Wed 10-Aug-11 16:17:42

Also fry some sliced onions, mushrooms & bacon. Add half a tin of condensed chicken soup and enough water to make a thickish sauce. Add a teaspoon of wholegrain mustard. That's nice with chicken or pasta.

suncream2011 Wed 10-Aug-11 18:50:46

1/2 a tub of garlic and herb cream cheese with approx 3/4 pint of chicken stock made up of a stock cube, bring to slow boil till cheese melts then too thicken add a spoon or 2 of chicken gravy granules and whisk quickly - yummy!

jumpyjan Wed 10-Aug-11 19:00:38

Nigel Slaters recipe - heat pot of creme fraiche add tablespoon of grainy mustard and few teaspoons of jarred green peppercorns, chuck in some parsley - easy and delicious.

tangerinajolie Thu 11-Aug-11 20:13:10

When I griddle chicken, just before serving up I add a dollop of sweet chilli sauce, some runny honey and sometimes a dash of soy then turn the chicken over a couple of times.

Then just a splash of water to de glaze the pan and pour the juices over the chicken.

Not exactly a big sauce but enough to make it tasty!

Spuddybean Thu 11-Aug-11 20:35:59

fry chopped onion, and garlic, add thyme (fresh or dried), sliced mushrooms and soften, then stir in some (half fat) creme fraiche. Alternatively omit herbs and add mustard with the cream. This is also nice with grilled pork and mash.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now