Talk

Advanced search

RISOTTO LOVERS advice please.......

(15 Posts)
mrsmerryberry Mon 08-Aug-11 23:37:57

I love risotto and have recently mastered the art of making it, but want to know if you just eat it on it's own or serve it with something else? If you do serve it with something else, please could you share your recipie with me.

TeamEdward Mon 08-Aug-11 23:39:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mangomousse Mon 08-Aug-11 23:42:13

Tend to eat it on its own or with very simple green salad.

TheSkiingGardener Tue 09-Aug-11 10:05:29

I make a leek and parmesan risotto and serve it with salmon and griddled cherry tomatoes

Bonsoir Tue 09-Aug-11 10:06:46

Risotto is traditionally eaten on its own (unless it is alla milanese and eaten with osso bucco) and then followed by a meat course.

SenoritaViva Tue 09-Aug-11 10:07:21

It depends what is in the risotto to be honest. Generally on it's own (especially if there are peas or some vegetable within the risotto) or with a lovely green salad. I don't think it needs anything else to be honest.

Bonsoir Tue 09-Aug-11 10:07:45

I sometimes make a light saffron risotto served with scallops (fried in sage butter). Dead easy and very nice, though not authentic.

SquishyCinnamonSwirls Tue 09-Aug-11 10:09:11

Depends what sort I've made. Our favourite seems to be a roasted butternut squash risotto which I'll serve with chicken stuffed with garlic and herb cheese wrapped in parma ham and a salad.
If it's an ordinary one made with chicken stock (and leftover bits of chicken from the carcass) then I'll just throw in whatever veg is ready out of the garden and that'll do.

bagelmonkey Tue 09-Aug-11 10:10:18

I serve it with wine smile

GinAndWater Tue 09-Aug-11 10:14:39

Love Risotto.

I usually serve it on its own but I throw a handful of Rocket on top just before serving.

My favorites are : potted shrimp and leeks/ greens and pancetta.

I always use chicken stock and a bit of white wine.

mrsmerryberry Tue 09-Aug-11 21:30:04

I see, keep it simple with a salad, although I do like the salmon idea, might give that one a try. Thanks everyone.

onepieceofcremeegg Tue 09-Aug-11 21:33:58

bagelmonkey me too. A glass while cooking, and a glass with it. smile

For me, the whole point of risotto is that it is easy and it is "all in one".(but I am quite lazy). In the same way spaghetti bolognese is served on its own, i.e. no garlic bread or salad or other stuff.

groak Tue 09-Aug-11 21:36:10

mushroom and pancetta risotto yummy yummy!

TrillianAstra Tue 09-Aug-11 21:39:02

With a spoon. In a bowl.

I like (non-authentic) chorizo and red peppers in my risotto.

AngelDog Wed 10-Aug-11 12:55:25

Usually just with veg.

But it's nice with roasted butternut squash & bacon, also with tuna, red pepper, cashew nuts & grated cheddar.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now