Talk

Advanced search

What grown up snacks do you have in your fridge?

(16 Posts)
Shell178 Sun 07-Aug-11 11:54:08

When going shopping I always buy the main essentials and snacks for my DP and I are an after thought. I usually just get things like ham, cheese, sausage rolls and olives.

What do you like to keep?

Meglet Sun 07-Aug-11 11:55:17

Come to think of it, none!

5inthebed Sun 07-Aug-11 11:57:14

Some blue cheese. I have to hide it from DS3 though as he loves the stuff.

aquos Sun 07-Aug-11 12:01:10

Olives for, chorizo and cheese for dh, chocolate for me.

HowToLookGoodGlaikit Sun 07-Aug-11 13:10:33

Pate/nice cheese/chutneys & oatcakes for me, bread and crisps and chocolate for DH!

Spuddybean Sun 07-Aug-11 13:42:51

We have no snacks in at all. Not for any particular reason but i just only seem to shop for meals. We are never in enough to snack. Long working days, dinner and bed. sad

NettoSuperstar Sun 07-Aug-11 15:34:30

Olives, cheese, pickles, Korean chilli rice crackers in the cupboard and Bombay mix.

thefoodschool Sun 07-Aug-11 17:22:29

Gin in the freezer and vermouth in the fridge for perfect martini's

olives, toasted cashews and parma ham

if you have these then you are sorted!

I only actualyl have the first two in the fridge currently but below are some things I wish I did have:

Pimms and lemonade

Vintage cheddar

Rick Stein oatcakes

Garners pickled onions and pickled shallots plus some Peppadew peppers and some olives

Cream cheese, chilli sauce and coriander to make a dip for posh crisps or tortillas

Those Thai peanut things from Holland and Barratt

Minstrels and Revels

KimberlyClark Sun 07-Aug-11 17:48:32

gin

that posh squash in the green bottles - ginger and lemon grass flavour

houmous

olives

sainsbos basics japanese rice crackers in the cupboard

LauLauLemon Sun 07-Aug-11 17:52:22

I have three marzipan cakes. In my defense, they're only small and haven't been touched.

My adult treat is tiramasu. Nobody but me likes it so I end up scoffing the lot.

superjobee Sun 07-Aug-11 17:57:11

snacks for me are junk food mostly blush i blame cravings grin healthy snacks are usually rice cakes with philly and ham, breadsticks, poppy seed crackers very savoury food when im not craving chocolate biscuits and donuts and cake and galaxy

Shell178 Sun 07-Aug-11 19:54:39

Loving the alcohol!

and superjobee - who said it had to be healthy smile

superjobee Sun 07-Aug-11 20:02:53

true smile i think its the guilt creeping in! DDs snacks are healthy she prefers them but for me its choccy digestives with a cup of tea, caramel shortbread mini chocolate brownies the lot blush i had a mad month of donuts not long ago! this baby loves sweet food grin happily blaming all junk food on unborn DS

pointydog Sun 07-Aug-11 20:14:54

houmus. The dds don't like it.

I think that's it.

Pavlovthecat Sun 07-Aug-11 20:20:03

none in my fridge, as mostly I have eaten them all! DH has some left over pastrami to go with cheese and biscuit. I dislike pastrami personally. Oh I do have 3 beers.

However, when I DO have stuff for the adults I have
Stuffed hot red peppers (i so love those, so not for long!)
Blue cheese to have with fresh bread when DH nips out for wine, often comes back with end of the day fresh bread, has to be eaten there and then, with blue cheese and wine!
Wine
Tonic for the gin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now