Talk

Advanced search

need a carrot cake recipe..fast...and it needs to be easy..PLEASE

(5 Posts)
WeekendsAreTooShort Sat 06-Aug-11 18:22:37

Mums birthday tomorrow and going for the day. Was taking a chocolate cake that i was planning on making tonight.DS told gran that we were bringing a carrot cake and he is adamant that is what we are now making. baking is not my strong point and I had just mastered the chocolate cake....any easy recipes anyone....thanks

mrspear Sat 06-Aug-11 18:26:13

everyone loves it when i make this cake

carrot cake

very easy

tigerchilli Sat 06-Aug-11 18:29:11

Here's the recipe that I've used for years, although instead of the orange icing I usually make a cream cheese/ icing sugar/ lime topping.

CARROT CAKE

Carrots 6 oz (175 g)
Free-range eggs 2
Raw brown sugar 4 oz (100 g)
Oil 3 fl. Oz (75 ml)
100% wholemeal self-rising flour 4 oz (100 g)
Ground cinnamon 1 tsp (5ml)
Ground nutmeg ½ tsp (2.5 ml)
Desiccated coconut 2 oz (50 g)
Raisins 2 oz (50 g)

Orange icing
Butter or margarine 1 1/2oz (40 g)
Raw pale brown sugar 3 oz (75 g)
Orange, grated rind of ½
Shelled walnuts, chopped 1 oz (25 g)

Grease and line the base of a 7” (18cm) square cake tine. Finely grate the carrots. Whisk the eggs and sugar together until thick and creamy. Whisk in the oil slowly and then add the remaining ingredients and mix together to combine evenly. Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin. Level the surface and bake in the oven at 190 (375 F/Mark 5) for 20-25 minutes, until firm to the touch and golden brown. Cool on a wire tray. Spread with orange icing when cold.

For the icing beat the butter until soft, beat in the sugar and orange rind. Spread over the cake and sprinkle with chopped walnuts.

Tortoise Sat 06-Aug-11 18:30:15

I just made carrot cake muffins. They smell lovely!

WeekendsAreTooShort Sat 06-Aug-11 18:30:46

found this one...has anyone tried it at all
and thanks for the ideas so far
www.goodtoknow.co.uk/recipes/517708/simple-carrot-cake

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now