Talk

Advanced search

40 sausages to use up!

(12 Posts)
Aworryingtrend Mon 01-Aug-11 16:14:38

We had a barbecue at the weekend for which I bought enough to feed the 5000 may have slightly over-catered. I was left with 40 sausages blush. I have frozen them as the last date was today but I want to use them in meal plans over the next few weeks.

What are your favourite sausage recipes please?

Collision Mon 01-Aug-11 16:20:22

Good ole bangers n mash with onion gravy!

Sausage and bean casserole

Sausage Roast

saidthespiderwithahorridsmile Mon 01-Aug-11 16:21:13

toad in the hole

faverolles Mon 01-Aug-11 16:23:33

Sausage rolls?
Sausage sandwiches for a picnic?
Sticky honey and mustard sausages - no idea of the recipe, but it involves sausages, honey and mustard grin

Conchita Mon 01-Aug-11 22:02:59

if they're fairly coarse textured, you can take them out of the skins and do them with sage, onion, tomato puree and red wine for the most gorgeous pasta sauce. Although if you've bought 40 I guess they may not be finest range grin
Anyway, let me know if you fancy the recipe

timetosmile Mon 01-Aug-11 22:05:56

Why not hook up with the OP from the GaZillions of courgettes thread and make us all a nice pasta bake affair?

ivykaty44 Mon 01-Aug-11 22:06:17

Jamie has a pasta recipe that uses sausage and you take a ILb of sausages out of the skins and use the sausage meat.

sausage rolls - buy puff pastry and make sausage rolls to take for pack ups or picnics

Hot dogs with mustard or ketchup and fryed onions

I like cold sausages cooked with heel taps and a fried egg

Conchita Mon 01-Aug-11 22:07:30

what are heel taps??? [intrigued smiley]

ivykaty44 Mon 01-Aug-11 22:14:02

cooked cold new potato's sliced, done in oil and garlic in the fry pan

Aworryingtrend Tue 02-Aug-11 08:03:24

Thanks everyone, loads of ideas! grin at hooking up to make a giant MN pasta bake. I too would love to know what 'heel taps' are! They are taste the difference sausages- half price in sainsbos for the big packs of which I bought 4- so they should be quite nice for putting in sauces etc. Good idea aboutt aking them out of the skins.

schroeder Tue 02-Aug-11 15:12:05

You can use 'em in chilli.

Or cut em into chunks and pop 1 in each cup of a muffin tray with a little oil in a hot oven for 10 minutes then add batter and cook for another 20-25 minutes for mini toad in the holes.

I make a kind of jambalya (very unauthentic) with sausages,cherry tomatoes, chicken thighs (in chunks), onions and peppers all browned for a bit in oil then add rice, stir it up to coat the rice, then add stock and lots of paprika, salt and chilli flakes, then simmer with the lid on for 20-25 minutes. Very satisfying grin.

I LOVE sausages.grin

DedalusDigglesPocketWatch Tue 02-Aug-11 15:14:33

Tonight we are having bbq'd sausages with slow roasted veg (peppers, tomatoes, onions, courgettes) and couscous. Very good cold too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now