Talk

Advanced search

I have a rainbow trout

(8 Posts)
BertieBotts Sat 30-Jul-11 17:43:03

I bought it on impulse from the reduced section - how is best to cook it? I don't need any fancy recipes and I can't go to the shop, so just storecupboard ingredients please.

Reality Sat 30-Jul-11 17:44:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BertieBotts Sat 30-Jul-11 18:44:43

Ooh I have no idea, I haven't actually unwrapped it - I bet it has eyes and everything now confused

DrPolidori Sat 30-Jul-11 21:04:02

its probably too late now, but I would stuff the cavity with lemon slices, and parsley and some butter, wrap in foil, pop in oven as reality suggests. serve with steamed new tats and broccoli, and a little butter sauce made of melted butter and lemon juice with seasoning.

BertieBotts Sat 30-Jul-11 21:11:11

Not too late - however I only have lemon juice, not actual lemons, and no parsley. I've put olive oil and lemon juice on it though the butter sauce sounds nice, I'll do that when it's done (just waiting for oven to heat up)

DrPolidori Sat 30-Jul-11 22:17:33

ooh, do let us know how it went!

BertieBotts Sun 31-Jul-11 08:46:19

I think it was off. Either that or it absorbed a smell from something in the fridge. The bits that didn't taste off were nice, though, I'd buy it again now I know what to do smile

breatheslowly Sun 31-Jul-11 09:01:34

I wouldn't buy fish in the reduced section - it really needs to be super fresh.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now