Talk

Advanced search

Recipes for Household with New Baby

(7 Posts)
Popbiscuit Sat 30-Jul-11 14:36:44

Does anyone have any tried-and-true recipes for casseroles and the like that freeze well? My DB and his wife just had their first baby and we're not sure when we'll be visiting so would like something that I could make that could be easily frozen but still tastes/looks great when reheated.
TIA

hwhite6 Sun 31-Jul-11 10:33:49

Any stew/casserole, spag bol/chilli or curry will freeze well and reheat nicely. I'm sure anything you take round will be gratefully received! My friend brought round a big dish of cottage pie when DS2 appeared 4weeks early, she even made it dairy free so DS1 could share it too! It did the 3 of us all for two nights - absolute godsend!

Popbiscuit Sun 31-Jul-11 23:00:06

Brilliant. Thanks for your reply! You can't go wrong with any of those, can you? Sure-fire crowd pleasers.

Shazzystar Mon 01-Aug-11 12:33:21

This cottage pie is something we cook regularly for us and our baby daughter: cookmarkit.com/urls/bbc-food-recipes-comforting-cottage-pie

Freezes really well which is a life saver on those evenings when I have no time to cook!

Popbiscuit Tue 02-Aug-11 00:32:07

Yum! Thanks, Shazzy. That sounds great...I always make a really basic, shortcut version of CP that I'd be a bit blush to give to anyone. Yours sounds much nicer.

BlingLoving Fri 05-Aug-11 20:18:05

Popbiscuit: not sure if too late but having just had a summer baby, I would highly recommend some non-red meat/ mince dishes. I found all the lasagne and shepherds pie people brought was brilliant, but sometimes I craved something different. I had luckily made a chicken stew before ds arrived so often ate that between mince dishes.

Someone brought us a sausage and lentil cassetole which also went down a treat.

Popbiscuit Mon 29-Aug-11 12:05:38

Just saw your reply, bling. Sorry for the delay..Thank you! That's a really good point. I would not enjoy eating mince every day either smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now