Talk

Advanced search

lactose free breakfasts

(5 Posts)
Dippy001 Fri 29-Jul-11 13:40:03

Hi
My LO is lactose intolerant, and wierdly, I am now as well! So I need some healthy quick breakfast ideas without milk but honestly have no idea. She won't eat eggs and is 15 months old now.

hwhite6 Fri 29-Jul-11 14:21:56

Can you both have soya? If so they have loads of options, milk, yoghurt, cheese etc. If that's a no-go, what about using oatly milk instead?
If she lactose intolerant, does she still get prescription formula? Use that as milk on cereal. Use Pure or Vitalite as marg/butter. Check the bread you get as some still have milk, most have soya flour.

Make a batch of pancakes with milk you can both have, freeze any leftovers, they defrost in the toaster. Muffins, fruity flapjacks, toast & jam.
Dairy free shouldn't stop many food choices really.

Dippy001 Fri 29-Jul-11 14:54:13

She's on prescription milk but she won't eat it with cereal, it tastes vile as I tried it. Even first thing in the morning, she won't even take a spoonful. Oat milk may be an option as she can't have soya, thanks

Dippy001 Fri 29-Jul-11 20:31:16

That oat milk is vile, who would use that as a milk substitute?! I will look elsewhere I guess.

hwhite6 Fri 29-Jul-11 21:29:57

Most of them aren't brilliant. Kara coconut milk (in a carton, not the stuff in tins for cooking with) might be another option, I think you can get it in waitrose.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now