Talk

Advanced search

Panasonic breadmaker: how to stop the blade getting stuck in the loaf?

(7 Posts)
deaconblue Thu 28-Jul-11 21:46:45

Very pleased with everything about our new bread maker except the blade gets stuck in the base of the loaf and we end up bodging up the centre of each loaf gouging it out. Any help much appreciated.

deaconblue Fri 29-Jul-11 08:48:18

Bump

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Fri 29-Jul-11 09:04:37

ours gets stuck sometimes too. If it gets really stuck we just leave it in there and cut around it until we can hoick it out...

CogitoErgoSometimes Fri 29-Jul-11 11:50:37

Try greasing the blade a little with some butter on kitchen paper before you start. Also add a good knob of butter to your dough ingredients. If you've damaged the non-stick surface of the blade when gouging it out of the bread, you may need to replace it.

megapixels Tue 02-Aug-11 14:22:56

It happens sometimes with mine too. Not very often and I don't know why because I always make it the same way. Cogito's idea sounds good.

CarrieOakey Tue 02-Aug-11 14:25:55

My happened when it was brand new for the first week, never happened since. Same recipe same ingredients.

MoreBeta Tue 02-Aug-11 14:36:55

Mine used to do this but I eventually jammed it on to the shaft that turns it by ramming pieces of paper clip wire down the small gap between the shaft and the sides of the hole in the centre of the blade.

In fact I did this because the blade stopped going round properly when the hole in the blade got a bit worn and enlarged slightly so the shaft was just spinning round in the hole but not turning the actual blade.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now