Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Help with finger foods for adults and toddlers

(2 Posts)
Kalypso Mon 25-Jul-11 11:23:01

After getting some great advice here before, I am back again!

My DS gets on well with a lovely little girl he met at playgroup. They are both young toddlers. She and her mum are coming around tomorrow for lunch. I have absolutely no idea what to make.

I would prefer some finger food type things which I can prepare in advance, and which we adults can also dig into. I want it to be nice, like I've put in a bit of effort, not just a load stuff I've just cobbled together (especially since she put on a lovely lunch for me and DS on our last playdate).

Any ideas?

TIA smile

babybouncer Tue 26-Jul-11 21:39:37

Get a big platter-type plate and pile everything on to it - minimal effort maximum impact. Eg. boiled eggs (quartered), olives, breadsticks, carrot sticks, halved pitta bread, pots of (shop bought) hummus, baby tomatoes, green leaves (from a bag of salad), pieces of cooked chicken, cubes of cheese. And if you can get something from a deli to add to it (like fancy crackers), it looks very impressive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now