Talk

Advanced search

Who buy's Cadbury's Dairy Milk? Are the big bars a giant slice of heaven? Or just too much guilt to handle?

(12 Posts)
WordBird Wed 20-Jul-11 11:59:08

I'm one of those girls that scuttles past the confectionary aisle, trying to resist the chocolatey temptation of my all-time favourite: Cadbury's Dairy Milk. Every now and then I cave in to the calls of the small bars, but I've always been intrigued (and slightly envious) of those that just say sod it, and go for the whoppers.

What go you guys think?

Xiaoxiong Wed 20-Jul-11 12:04:30

I've always been intrigued by those who like chocolate at all, and especially dairy milk. I know I am totally crazy but one or two squares is really my limit - and the darker and more bitter the better. I can just about tolerate cadburys if it's got fruit & nuts to dilute the sickly sweetness.

Now, crisps on the other hand...I have been known to finish a large sharing bag of kettle chips on my own...

nethunsreject Wed 20-Jul-11 12:06:03

I like the odd small bar, but a big one would seriously be beyond me.

Xiaoxiong Wed 20-Jul-11 12:06:32

PS lest you think I'm completely mad, it's just actual straight chocolate I can't handle very much. I do love chocolatey things - cake, mousse, molten fondant cake...

4merlyknownasSHD Wed 20-Jul-11 12:07:30

Too much guilt to handle? What planet are you on?

No problem. Just eat one row each evening, when doing the washing up after supper when everyone else is in the other room watching the TV.

WordBird Wed 20-Jul-11 12:29:43

Hmm, I guess I'm on the 'trying to get my bikini bod' planet at the moment - which is probably why chocolate is on my mind right now!

I think the only time I've ever bought a big bar was when making crispy cakes with my little sister.

Does anyone buy the big bars for presents?

MaryAnnSingleton Wed 20-Jul-11 12:34:10

much better idea are the bags of giant choc buttons -but my preferred chocolate treat would be a giant jar of Montezuma mixed buttons. I think if you crave chocolate eat it- don't deny yourself.I can't bear the idea of any foods being guilt ridden or 'naughty' Just avoid scoffing the entire lot in one go.

Rillyrillygoodlooking Wed 20-Jul-11 12:36:31

Unfortunately due to feeling a bit miserable for the last year, OH and I have a 200g dairy milk bar between us nearly every night. Hence why I have put on one and a half stone in the last year.
Stay with the little bars smile

WordBird Wed 20-Jul-11 13:40:13

Thanks for your comments guys!

bacon Sun 24-Jul-11 14:14:24

terrible stuff - always makes me cough, gritty and sickly. full of good knows what and tastes nothing like it used too. Once you start on the luxury better quality chocolate theres no going back plus you cant eat much of it as so rich.

Shame it produced abroad now which does worry me for the tracability of the milk etc against our fab british standards we have. Still the same price but there must be a bigger profit margin for Cadburys - god bless them!

juneybean Sun 24-Jul-11 14:27:16

I used to be able to get through the big bars back in the day haha but now I think I'd be sick, but hmm... sounds like a challenge....

mmsparkle Mon 25-Jul-11 15:50:55

WordBird, I'm the one buying the whoppers! First pregnancy got craving for chocolate, and it HAD to be dairymilk... sadly I'm struggling to wean myself off it! I console myself that it's much better value to buy a big bar.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now